I finished reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer last night. I've had quite a number of people ask as I've been reading this how I liked it so I thought I'd give my take on it.
First off- I will say that I am true blue more in love with the Twilight series. I think she nailed the vampire concept flawlessly. Also I have to share that I really enjoy Stephenie's style of writing. She has a good way of making things understandable but doesn't give away every detail to where you are exhausted with details. And, of course, she's a 'clean' writer and that makes anything she writes from here on GOOD in my opinion.
The first 300 or so pages of The Host was not what I was expecting. I wasn't excited about reading the rest. If I didn't love the Twilight series so much and that she's a friend of mine I probably wouldn't have finished it. It was intriguing to me but that's about it.
Then about page 360 or 380 I really got into it and it was more and more exciting and I had a hard time putting the book down. The last 5 or so chapters I practically ignored my children and definitely couldn't put the book down! I'm so happy I didn't stop reading it because I think the second half of the novel made up for any apprehensive feelings I had.
I think this book ended well and I am happy with it. When we were at the book signing- Stephenie said she wasn't sure if she was going to make The Host into a trilogy or not. If she did then she'd have too kill off people that she liked and she has a hard time doing that. But if she did then it would for sure be a trilogy.
From my point of view I think the book ended well enough to hold its own. Sure it could be interesting to see what happens next but if there was no other I'd be OK with it. I think I'm more interested in seeing what new book/concept she could dream up.
Don- I need your address to send my copy for you to read! Email me.





3 Royal Remarks:
This is very generous, Autumn.
I need to decide if I'm brave enough to accept your offer...
Let me clarify that I have enough courage to read the book. It's the borrowing I'm not so sure of.
I don't have a problem with you borrowing it or I wouldn't agree, silly. But I would like you to take extra care since it's signed to me. I would leave the cover here, too.
If you want to borrow it...I'll send it. :)
Post a Comment