»

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Book signing

Tuesday evening I went to Stephenie Meyer's book signing for The Host. My friend Paulette along with her two oldest daughters and one of their friends went as a group.

Upon arriving at the High School Gymnasium in Mesa, I ran into two gals I knew back when we first moved to Arizona. These two gals were also friends with Stephenie. We all did fun stuff together. It was great to see them!

Angela S. stood in line with our group to chat with me- I invited her to stay with us to get our books signed and to say hi to Steph. It was fun to catch up with Angela. I think it was cool that us three women {who have known Stephenie for years} could stand together and say hi, give hugs and get our own copies of her book signed. It's bizarre to see someone you know be so famous! There were at least 1,000 people there or more.

After the signing we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I haven't eaten there in several months so it was well over due for me to enjoy those bread sticks!

On a side note-
Changing Hands, the bookstore that hosted this book signing, will only allow you to go to the signing if you've purchased a book from them along with a separate ticket! Sheesh! But, whatever it takes. Their book store can't hold too many people so that's why they had to rent out the High School gym.

When book 4 in the Twilight series comes out- 'Breaking Dawn' - Changing Hands Bookstore is hosting a midnight book sale party. In order to attend this party you have to have pre-ordered Breaking Dawn from them. {I already pre-ordered my copy!}
They are having people dress up in favorite Twilight characters or vampire type wear, there will be a band, lots of Twilight type games and other fun events for the evening. The book will be sold at the strike of midnight on August 2nd. And, of course, I'll be there...but in my PJ's!

Oh, one more thought-
If you haven't read the Twilight series yet- just do it! I have a good friend of mine who just now read the first book even though I've been trying to get her to. She called me yesterday all excited about how good it was and how she can't wait to continue on! Can I say it out loud?
"I told you so!!!"

5 Royal Remarks:

courtney said...

I haven't read the books either, though I want to! I just hated waiting for each book to come out from Harry Potter so I decided I would wait until the whole series was out to be able to read them all at once.

Marcia Mickelson said...

What a fun time that must have been. That's great you were able to go. I'm excited to read the Host soon.

Sharon said...

can i say Jealous!!

Me said...

I am happy to hear you had fun!

I know... I know... I know... I will read the books... LMA!

Shaina said...

I enjoyed reading The Host!