
and that two more temples were being built in Gilbert 

and in Gila Valley -Thatcher/Safford area. {Sorry I have no picture of the Gila Valley Temple yet}
But there's more news! Phoenix {the city I live in} has just been announced from church headquarters in Salt Lake, Utah that a temple will be built here as well!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beaming from one ear to the other!
This will bring the worldwide total number of temples built or under construction to 140, including five in Arizona.
In case you aren't LDS or have any idea what this means to our religion- here's some more info.:
Latter-day Saint temples differ from the tens of thousands of local meetinghouses where members typically meet for Sunday worship services and midweek social activities, and where visitors are always welcome. Temples are used solely for the performance of sacred ordinances and religious instruction aimed at strengthening members’ relationships with God and their fellowman.
To members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, temples are houses of the Lord, the most sacred places on earth. Temple services bind families together forever, teach the purpose of life and explain God’s plan of salvation. Temple attendance strengthens Latter-day Saints’ commitment to living Christian principles, emphasizes personal spiritual growth and increases devotion to family.
“The blessings of the temple are eternal,” said President Monson. “Those who come to this holy house will feel of God’s love for His children and come to a greater understanding of their own divine origin and potential as His sons and daughters.”
and 





4 Royal Remarks:
That is such good news! I had not heard that little tidbit of information. That will be so convenient.
That's very exciting. It should be closer to my brother's house than the Mesa temple. I'm hoping we get down there sometime this year.
That is really awesome! I keep holding out hope that we here in tooele will get a temple. I hope your little family reunion has been a great time! I've been so busy I need to catch up on everyones blogs.
That's awesome! It's great to have so much growth that you need so many temples!
Post a Comment