»

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sanity Update 1:

We've made it through Day 3 of Warren being gone and me being the 'everything'. Of course, Day 3 feels like Day 10, to me. Things are running as smoothly as I can expect. We still follow the same schedule, held Family Home Evening on Monday night, have nightly scripture study, cleaning assignments, meals, laundry, homework and ...well you get the idea. Life is going.

The blessing of living in this day- in- age is having email/cell phones/pictures etc... to keep in contact with Warren. We have 'family' prayer each night together with Warren on the phone even though he's all the way up in Utah. We love having him join us!

Now I have short people in my bed with me at night. Oh, joy. Last night was truly eventful. Between my kicking, while digging his ten tiny knife like toes into my back, two year old, Tucker, and my 10 year old Conner, {last night was his turn} standing up in a panic two times while sleep talking/dreaming, talking to himself and yelling "Oh, no! There's a leaking pen!"- I slept alright.

Today I:
Drove kids to school,
Cleaned my stove,
Cleaned my microwave,
Babysat 4 extra kids for a couple hours,
Had friends over for lunch,
Scrapbooked a little,
Took a nap,
Picked kids up from school,
Paid Warren's cell phone bill,
Picked up Conner from Boy Scouts,
Broke up a fight between Parker and Emmalese by making them stand in the livingroom hugging one another until they were laughing,

Had the Eaton family over for dinner, {we had breakfast for dinner. yum!}
Talked to Warren on the phone,
Gave kids showers,
Cleaned up the kitchen,
Did a load of laundry,
.... now we're about to call Warren for prayer and then kids will go to bed. Oh, sweet, sweet bedtime.
I hope to do some more digital scrapbooking tonight.

I'm staying busy- I only have that choice. But I'm lonely with out Warren. Sure, I have great friends and 5 short people to care for...but I miss my Dear.

Warren reports that things are going very well. He's been busy with his brother, James, working. Both of them fly from Utah to Colorado tomorrow morning for a four day company meeting/conference. Warren is excited to 'see' what the company is all about, meet the people in charge and have a fun getaway with James.

T-minus 16 days until we see Warren! {I'm not counting or anything}

5 Royal Remarks:

Don said...

Ah, yup. That's about how it goes. The cell phone prayers really help, too. (I thought of mentioning that, but correctly figured you were bright enough to figure it out on your own.)

Thanks for the update.

Shaina said...

Sounds like you are definitely keeping busy!

Arlyn said...

Wow! You are getting a lot done! Do you think I would be so productive if I sent my husband on a long trip? Not likely.

The Girls' Mom said...

i'm glad to hear all is going well and I have to admit I can't believe it has only been 3 days. I have no concept of time lately I was thinking you made that post like a week ago.

Me said...

Hugs and Kisses! "atta girl"!-

(Is that Tiffany playing in the back ground! LOL)