»

Monday, April 14, 2008

Down by the Sea


By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea!
You and me, you and me, oh how happy we'll be!

When each wave comes a-rolling in
We will duck or swim,
And we'll float and fool around the water.
Over and under, and then up for air!

I love to be beside your side, beside the sea,
Beside the seaside, by the beautiful sea!

-Harold Atteridge


As soon as we pulled onto the gorgeous beach- we all jumped out and ran to the Sea and frolicked in it! We waited to set up camp until a little later. The water was a perfect temperature for playing and swimming.
We all went swimming several times during our vacation.
All of us had fun looking for sea shells and pretty rocks. We ended up with a nice collection...
Warren and Jimmy took all the older kids on a walk about a half mile away to the reefs looking for sea life.
I took our four oldest children on a 'whale' ride. Oh, so much fun!!!
It was a giant, plastic blown up whale with handles on it that could seat 8. It was pulled by a speed boat. We all had a blast!

Our camp was about 40 feet from the shore. The kids boundary was the ledge just before it slopes down to the shoreline. To camp right on the beach is only $5 a night! SWEET!

Vendors walked by with many goods and services. We paid for a gal to braid all the girls hair with their choice in bead color.
We bought fire crackers too! Warren and Jimmy gave us a nice fire works show at night right by our camp. Very cool!
We bought a hammock and sundresses.



The tent in the back ground is mine and Warren's. All the boys slept in our van.
Holly and Jimmy had their tent up a little farther then ours. All the little girls slept in their van.


Our campfire was nice and fun for roasting mallows and having long chats.


In the cool morning air- the kids still played with new found friends building sand castles.


Spencer wasn't afraid of the water as we thought he'd be. He was in heaven just as the rest of the children.

Emmalese and her best friend Lillli made many memories on the Sea of Cortez!
The girls found- I don't know! It looks like an octopus or a starfish. Each held and enjoyed it to our surprise.
As an unexpected sand storm hit the beach...
the children watched a movie in the Hester's van and us adults played Yahtzee Texas Hold 'em in our van. Tucker was all tuckered out by then and slept peacefully in my arms.
Here is the 'kitchen' we built between our two vans. We used bungee cords to hold down a giant tarp. It served us well as a nice shady place under the heat of the sun.
I'll write and add a few more pics later. I have to go for now...
I'm waiting for my friend, Holly, to email me more pictures of our trip. When I get them I'll post more.












































8 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

great, what a fun trip, sounds like your having a TON of fun

Arlyn said...

Wow. I can't even begin to describe how much fun that looks like! We REALLY need to take a trip with the kids! Thanks for sharing!

Cabo Girl said...

That trip was so much fun!! I still have more than 30 pic's to send you!

Shaina said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Never been to Mexico.

Shavonne said...

Autumn, that looked like such a great trip- fun that you went with another family, too. I love all the pictures, and seeing what you did. How beautiful!

Don said...

This looks like a blast, Autumn.

Did you find any opihi? :-)

Kimberly Job said...

Looks like lot's of fun! I enjoyed the pictures.

Me said...

So beautiful! You can see how much fun you had! Hey Holly!