Challenge #2 in The Amazing Digital Scrapping Race was actually a real challenge for me. Our host this leg of the race, the digi chick, had us work as a team on ONE layout. We each got half of the page. No other rules then that. I didn't think it too difficult until I sat down and did it!
Rae did her half first then sent it to me to finish. Her ideas are great in that instead of splitting the page right down the middle we would do an X. {She would get the sides-- I'd get the top and bottom} And that we would do a layout on our first borns. Unique all the way!
I tried a technique new to me where you use an existing paper and change the colors to your liking. So...I bought and downloaded the same kit Rae used and soon after went to work changing the colors. At first I was scared but then loved it! The idea of being able to change the colors on any papers or embellishments is awesome in my book! I went with Blues and Greens- since I have a boy.
I love Rae's work but I have to admit I'm not crazy about mine. I tried so hard to share this layout... and boy, was it HARD! Below is what we came up with...
The prize for this leg is that we each get a honkin' huge digital kit that was created just for race participants. SWEET!





3 Royal Remarks:
So cute! WTG girls!
Adorable! So We have photoshop7 and so I talked to Garin and we downloaded a kit and he helped me figure out the basics so you can show me tricks you know and techniques.I am so excited! Can't wait to see your next challenge.
Oh sweet, Bethany!
I really like digital scrapbooking. Less messy!! But I still paper scrapbook too- I don't think could ever stop that. But for some all digital is their only choice. My friend, Rae, made that change and she loves it.
I will call you later. We will be Utah for over a week. We are staying at James and Mels' and then we were planning on coming out to your place a couple nights too. We can play then!
Post a Comment