»

Friday, February 29, 2008

ANWA Conference

I'm a member of ANWA {American Night Writers Association}. This is a writers group for LDS women. There are several chapters in Arizona, Utah, Washington, Nevada and Alabama. And I belong to one of the chapters in Glendale, AZ.

Tomorrow, bright and early, I am driving out to Gilbert {approx. 45 min. from my home in Phoenix} for the annual American Night Writers Association conference.

I am super excited to go feast on other authors knowledge and ideas as they give their lectures. It's an all day event: 8 am to 5:30 pm. I have several lectures I will attend to my liking throughout the day with an hour lunch break. The one person I am thrilled to meet up with is my blogger buddy, and author, Tristi Pinkston! Tristi lives in Utah. She has come here to teach through out the day and I will be attending one of her lectures. YIPPEE!

UPDATE-------------

{March 1st} Today I went to the said conference and had such an uplifting and empowering day! I rubbed shoulders with some of the most talented authors around and had a wonderful time learning. My most favorite part of the whole conference was the tones of spirituality that were brought to attention along with our writing lectures. I was touched in many ways and even had a GIANT epiphany during one of the lectures. YES!
Also, I met up with Tristi Pinkston and absolutely loved talking with her. She had the most AMAZING class--E V E R! What a talented woman!

Tristi even lent me her signed ARC {Advance Readers Copy} of James Dashner's new book that she had to critique! It's called The 13th Reality. I am thrilled to sit with my boys and read it!! Actually, we have read the first 4 chapters already tonight! If interested in this book {the first in a series} click here.
AWESOME stuff!

1 Royal Remarks:

J Scott Savage said...

It is a great book. And Tristi is a sweetie. She was telling us how cool the conference was.