»

Monday, January 21, 2008

My January:

This past week/ month I have been quite busy fulfilling goals that I set to complete during the month of January. So what am I doing right now?

I am decorating my daughters bedroom. I'm in the middle of painting her room, putting up crown molding and a chair rail and making her 2 window treatments that look like a garden fence.

I'm working on my front room walls that have a Tuscan texture all over it and will be antiqued.

I'm still working on my 4 boys quilts for their beds- their room decor is vintage airplanes and the quilts reflect the same. I love them- can't wait to get these babies on the bunkbeds!

I planned to add 10,000 words this month to my novel- 'As we greet with a kiss'- as a challenge I joined with other writers. And I have already hit that goal! Yipeeee! I could call it a done deal- but since I have several days left in the month of January and until the challenge ends- I will keep typing away to up my numbers. Another momentous marker for me is that I have officially hit the half way mark in my novel! I have over 41,000 words as of now and an average novel had about 80,000 words. I'm THRILLED!

I just finished making travel albums for Bethany's little girls. {One of my best friends since high school} They traveled from Utah down to Arizona for a relatives wedding. So I gave the girls their own disposable cameras to take pictures of their trip and albums with their names on them. {The girls were so excited. I think Riley took 5 pictures of a cactus by our house! hehe}

I cleaned up or backyard.

I organized my scrap area.

I want to make a window treatment for my Paris themed guest bathroom along with painting 3 of the walls Cream. {one wall is already apple green}

My hubby sold our pool buisness {which is awesome!} and we are in the process of organizing our loft where our office is located in order to put up shelves and such. Warren {hubby} is an importer/exporter of junk...I mean treasure...{eBay King} for a living and needs help being more organized. Piles upon piles of 'treasure' need to make their way to shevles or the loft closet. He is doing a good job so far...but I've stepped in to give him the push he needs. ;)

I joined a group of gals who do freezer meals and then swap. { 7 meals- including one for my family} I will be doing this next week. My hubby is very leary about other peoples meals...but I thought I'd give it a try at least once to see how it works for us.

I am organizing/ hosting a scrapbook weekend here at my home in 2 weeks-- and I'm in the process of getting that under wraps. There's 9 gals coming. { My hubby is taking the kids away for the weekend} A bonus is that I get to share my Cricut Expression with my friends! Lots of awesome projects can be made with this electronic dream. {A true scrappers best friend}

I have about 4 loads of laundry to do and I will be caught up. YES!

I have been keeping up with my excercise routine and that feels great.

My hubby and I are going on a weekend getaway to Prescott, AZ this coming weekend. So I need to pack for my children who are staying at friends house and for me. I get to pack a swimsuit because I made sure we were stayng at a hotel with a hot tub and indoor pool!

And I have an appointment for my carpets to be cleaned this month, too! I love it when my carpets are freshly clean. :)

January is my month of projects and the goals are being completed. It takes time and effort but it's worth it. Do you have many goals or projects your working on? If so- good luck!

On the blog entry below I've added to my collage of things I love...so take a peek.


5 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

wow, great! you have been busy!

Don said...

Amazing! And here I thought I was doing good by finding the kitchen counter and making a batch of cookies.

You go, Autumn!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Wow! I feel kind of lazy after reading that. Way to go!

Shaina said...

Sounds like you have a whole heck of a lot going on! Enjoy your weekend.

Autumn said...

Courtney and Shaina: Yes,it's been all sorts of craziness here- but I am progressing and that's what is important. :)

Don- baking cookies sounds like such a fun thing to do. :) I wish my goals ended at cookies. hehe {I know your goals don't end there}

Stephenie- don't feel lazy, girl! You are far from it. I just NEED to get things done this month for specific reasons and I am pushing myself to the MAX. It's craziness! As soon as I get these finished...I'm gonna crash!