»

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye, Farewell- 'till we meet again.

Gordon Bitner Hinckley
June 23, 1910 - January 27, 2008
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints- I am saddened and happy for the loss of our Prophet and President of our Church. To me he was the essence of all goodness, greatness and happiness that can be obtained in this life. His example was unwavering and his actions were momentous. He will be missed by so many! His humor, for one, will be sorely missed.
*******************************************************************
As for being happy- well his wife, Marjorie, passed away April 6, 2004 and I know he surely missed her. The thought of them being reunited today is very touching and joyous for me. And as the leader of The Lord's church here on earth- I know his reunion with Him on high is one of great honor.
*******************************************************************
I was able to be in the presence of this great man of God a few years back. My husband and I attended a grand meeting in Houston, Texas where several speakers shared counsel and testimonies of the gospel. President Hinckley, and his wife, Marjorie, were in attendance as well. When he entered the room- all was quiet for a moment. Then all stood in one motion and full of respect and gratitude, we sang the hymn, "We thank thee Oh God for a Prophet" in unison. The spirit of God was so strong in this place that tears were poring from every eye. What a memory I will ALWAYS cherish.
*******************************************************************
President Gordon B. Hinckley served as president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints church since March 12, 1995 and has been a member of its top leadership since the 1960s. He died about 7 p.m. Sunday (9 p.m. ET) with his family by his side, from health related issues due to his age.
To read more about Gordon B. Hinckley's life- click here.

0 Royal Remarks: