»

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ah, the feeling of clean.

Today we had our carpets steam cleaned and our tile and grout cleaned as well. Ah, it feels so nice having clean carpets and tile!

Our walkways, kitchen, all 3 bathrooms and laundry room are a beautiful, rustic ceramic tile that has texture in it as well and different hues of browns and dark grays. Since it looks this way- it is the most awesome tile for not showing every speck of dirt. Even the 'professional cleaner' didn't realize it was my tile that was showing its texture- he thought it was grind in dirt! hehehe nope- it's just the way the tile is. We get lots of compliments on our flooring as well as the nice detail of workmanship with different sized and colored tiles to make a gorgeous pattern in our entryway. I have to admit it's my favorite, too. Now that it's been professionally cleaned it looks much brighter and prettier.

Tomorrow I have a cleaning crew coming in to do a deep clean for me and I can't wait! I have lots of projects that I'm trying to accomplish as well as home decor that I'm in the middle of and stopping to deep clean is not going to work out before this weekend. It's so nice to mark off things from my list that need to be done...that I really didn't have to do!

My laundry is all caught up, again, and that feels awesome.

Emmalese's room is nearly done. I've painted and made her window treatments. I just need to add the chair rail.

The backyard is still cleaned up- but I need to scrape off mud that kids flung on my back windows this past weekend. grrrrr

Our little garden we planted in mini planters {Strawberries, Carrots, Spinach and Cucumbers} got doused with the rain fall this last weekend. I'm crossing my fingers the seeds didn't flood out. Our children are thrilled to have veggies to eat that they themselves planted and I'd hate to see them disappointed. I didn't even think to move the planters to under my porch for safety. Some gardener am I. :S

The loft is still a work in progress. It houses our Xbox 360, TV, computers, inventory, office & a mini fridge. Translation: It's my hubby's space. He hates it when I dig my heels in to have him organize it. I don't think it's EVER been completely organized. He's making good strides and I'm trying to help too but Warren doesn't like it when I touch, move things. {He's just like his mom in this way} I'm happy to share that my hubby and I made a deal that the loft and garage would be cleaned and organized within 1 month. If it's not, with no regard to any value...I will pick up EVERYTHING and load it into his truck and take it to the thrift store. {2-3 loads, at least} And I'm counting down the days. You may think this harsh...uh no. If you really knew the extent you'd probably pat me on the back for having the patience I've had this long. Seriously.

In a few minutes I will be leaving to go major grocery shopping for my family as well as for the food for this weekend for my scrapbooking party. Tonight and tomorrow I will be making my freezer meals for my "Dinner Divas' group. I need a few more items to accomplish that task. I'm making Cream Cheese Chicken for my group.

Tomorrow I hope to accomplish many more tasks on my list. Some are small- some are big. My goal is to have my list completed by February 1st.

3 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

Sounds like you are doing a lot... i can't wait to see sissy's completed room, what did you decide to do for her bed since that fabric was sold out at walmart?

Autumn said...

I can't wait either, Sharon!

Since her room is in Shabby Chic decor- I found a quilt at Target that matches the style I'm going for. ;)

Shaina said...

I love the feeling of a fresh clean house! My favorite, by far. That's why I rearrange so much, to get that feeling again. Good luck completing your tasks and doing freezer meals. I do them every few weeks and we've really noticed an added ease in the evenings.