»

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving-


We made some yummy homemade rolls Monday night for our family activity. Our school aged children had a Thanksgiving feast at their school our family was to attend the following day, along with missionaries over for dinner later that evening and afterward a Boy Scout pack meeting we were asked to bring rolls too because the kids were going to make butter. So- the wise mother I am- we turned my roll making job into our 'family activity'. We taught a life lesson on "working together." All was great while we gathered the ingredients to make rolls- then my oldest, 10 year old - Conner, said with genuine concern....

"Mom, why are we making rolls? Maybe we should just buy them instead."

I replied with great offense- "Why would we do that, Conner?!"

Conner energetically blurted- "Because what if someone eats our rolls and gets sick and then sues us?"

I lie not--this is what he said. And I laughed so hard and so long!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Royal Remarks:

The Girls' Mom said...

That is funny! My mother in law says the same thing when she makes something not necessarily the sueing part though. I wish I could eat one of those rolls right now, they look yummy.

Sharon said...

so funny, kids say the darndest things

Celeste said...

That's cute. :) It's also sad that as a society we've become so litigious that it's seeped down into the elementary school ranks and even little kids worry about being sued now.