Below are 7 sample photos of stocking kits I purchased this past year for my family. These kits include felt, colored threads, needles and feature many, many, many beads and sequence. I had such fun viewing all the choices I had to pick from and choosing just the right one to fit each family members' personality.
I 'm up to my elbows with threads, beads and felt- frantically trying to complete by Christmas.
My family members absolutely love their stockings and have expressed great concern that they won't be ready in time. Needless to say, I'm highly motivated! We can hardly wait to use these on Christmas morning.
Warren: Sports Santa
Autumn: Mistletoe
Conner: Gingerbread House
Parker: Santa's List
Emmalese: Sugar Plum Fairy
Spencer: No Peeking!

Tucker: Letters to Santa
The history of the Christmas Stocking:
The tradition started up in Germany. One traditional practice is to reserve the stocking for five gifts that stimulate each of the five senses, for example:
Something to eat, like fruit or candy.
A toy or other item that makes a noise (this can even include nuts to crack).
An item that is visually pleasing in any way like jewelry, cuff-links or a coloring book.
Something that has tactile appeal such as modeling clay, a soft toy, lingerie or a pair of novelty Christmas socks.
Any item with a distinctive scent such as bubble-bath, cologne, perfume, etc.
Originally, children simply used one of their everyday socks, but eventually special Christmas stockings were created for this purpose. Today, stores carry a tremendous variety of styles and sizes of Christmas stockings, from small and conservative, to long and stretchy, to gigantic.
Many families create their own Christmas stockings with each family member's name applied to the stocking so that Santa (or the family members) aren't confused about which stocking belongs to which family member.





6 Royal Remarks:
you are insane to undertake such an hugh project. I hope you finish them. Ecspecially Emma's I like her's the most. Good luck and I want to see pictures of them hanging up when Christmas rolls around in about 94 days! Love ya Babe!
You think your funny huh?! ;) I know I'm crazy...but that's what happens when I procrastinate. {I think PROCRASTINATER should be my middle name.}
Uh, yeah, I think Rae's on the right track here, Queenie! Remember, you can always tell the family they are on-time for Christmas 2008, or 2009, or whenever....
if that's what you do in procrastination, i'm scared to see what you crank out when you've got plenty of time!
Don't even get me started about how frightingly talented you are... and don't you DARE ever ask me to post anything i've ever done like that on my blog! (i'd loose all my visitors!) Let's just say.., when the Relso does quilts, I BRING FLEECE!
loves
I Love Christmas time, and I love the stocking. Thankyou for the info about their tradishion, I didn't know it. Do you have family tradishions for Christmas time?
Wom, thanks for the compliments :) Growing up we had several traditions- and of course- so did my husband. Since we've been married for 13 years we've brought some of those traditions in and mixed them together. But, we've also made some of our own as well.
We celebrate "Our Savior" on Christmas Eve. Reading the scriptures, dinner, reinactment of the Christmas story. Christmas day we celebrate the gift of giving. My husband always makes sausage gravy and fried potatoes -just like his father did- we share gifts with one another. That's the jist of it anyway. There are several other specific things we like to do, but it would take me awhile to write all we do. What are some of your traditions?
Post a Comment