»

Friday, December 2, 2011

Missing out

Bummed.

After I ran my first 5K, I injured my right knee.  You never realize how much you use, need, count on, or appreciate simple things like good health until it's no longer an option.
My knee hurt so much, I couldn't do much for 2 weeks. Because of it, I missed the Cancer Run 5K I wanted to run a week after I did my first 5K.
Bummed.

Then I hurt my left knee. Really?!
Not as severe as the right knee injury, but it's enough to where I'm missing another planned 5K race I hoped to run tomorrow.
Tomorrow morning, while capable racers are all dressed in the red Santa suits running the streets of Provo, I will be home wishing I was a part of the race.
Bummed.

Both knees are feeling much better at the moment, and I've been SO tempted to just run the race tomorrow, but I keep having a feeling not to push myself.  I really don't want to re injure.
Bummed.

As for my regular exercise routine, I'm able to keep it up with wearing knee braces.
 I lOvE doing Zumba, but there's just some moves I have to skip or else I will hurt myself.
(Which is how I injured my knees in the first place.)

And I do run, but not a whole 5K, while my left knee has been healing. Little by little.
I look forward to challenging myself with another 5K, soon!  It's just annoying to have to put my plans on hold because my body won't cooperate.
It makes me feel old! ha!

Truthfully, I am extremely happy I still get to exercise.  With the first knee injury, I couldn't do ANY exercise for 2 weeks.  It was VERY depressing.  So, I'm super glad I can still do most exercises, even if I have to baby my knees.

Cheers to exercise, losing weight and looking forward to when I CAN do another 5K!!!

{If you're wondering why I didn't post about my first 5K, and share pictures, it's because the computer that I can download my pictures from is broke.  My MAC laptop, won't allow me to download pictures on it from my camera.  I'm sad.  There's a lot of pictures and stuff I want to blog about, but just can't.)

2 Royal Remarks:

Dan Olsen said...

I hear you about getting old. It's not for the timid. I hope your knees feel better soon.

Shaina said...

I'm sure it's frustrating to not get to do what you want to do. Hope your knees heal quickly!