»

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Planned Races & Dream Races

Now that I've experienced and achieved my first 5K race, I'm ready to take on more challenges!
I'm excited!!
Am I awesome, or what?  I like to think so, anyway!

You may think I must like running now, but don't let me fool you. 
Truthfully, I don't care for running... at all.  I know this may sound weird, but the challenge and the conquering is what is enticing about doing races. 

I've searched for different races I'd like to challenge myself too. 
If I wanted, I could quite easily race a couple times a month, or more.
Surprisingly, there's THAT MANY going on. And in many instances, there are 4-6 races going on the same day in different local cities. It's just a matter of picking what I'd like to do.

Here's a list of my choice races I plan to participate in: {And I may add more, if I find fun ones!}

November 5th- Tooele, UT - Cancer Run


Yep, only 1 week after my first 5K.  Why so soon?  Because I want my hubby to be there this time to cheer me on! He had to miss my first race due to an extended family activity. 



December 3rd, - Provo - Santa Run


Ok, I'm crazy.  I hate cold. And I'm gonna run in it?  I get to wear a Santa suit, so heck yes!



February 4, 2012- Midway, UT - Vigor Winter 


Another cold race? Well ya know, if it didn't sound like a super fun race, I wouldn't do it. I will be freezing, but having the time of my life!

Team of 4 to race.  Now, If I can just talk others into doing this crazy race. ha!  I have few people in mind, so we'll see...

Picture this: The snow crunching under your running shoes, as you breathe in the crisp mountain air. You and your closest friends are racing (and sledding) your way over the groomed trail, conquering its several obstacles- such as, climbing over ladders, rope, walls, logs. Running to the top of hills, sledding, crawling.
All obstacles are on top of the snow. {aka CraZineSs!}



July 14, 2012 - Salt Lake City - Vigor Summer


I seriously can't wait for this race!  July can not come fast enough.

Team of 4 to race. 
My hubby says he'll do it with me!  We asked some friends to fill the other 2 slots.
Also, Conner and Parker are going to do it as well!  They need to find 2 others to join 'em.
This race is gonna be killer and so, so, so, so fun!


Think Amazing Race meets Survivor meets Minute to Win It. We call it Vigor. 
Plunging into a pool, swinging, climbing, chopping, balancing, push up-ing, crawling, blindfolding, sliding, and memorizing. Oh, and did we mention you will get muddy and wet?


September 2012 - Ogden UT- Foam Fest


OMGoodness!  Ooozing foam, watery obstacles and slip n' slides =  FUN!!  

This race I'm involving the WHOLE family. Kids race is first, then me {and hopefully Mr. Weber}.  
If you and your family want to join us, we'd love it! Let's PaRtY in foam!



Dream Races:


Ragnar: Southern California - April 20 & 21, 2012
{South Los Angeles to San Diego}


I'm on the stand-by list to run with a team of 12, for this race.  I was asked to join a particular team, but before I knew it that slot was taken. I was SO bummed!
I'm really, really hoping someone drops out!  Even though I may not get in...I'm still training for it!

Ragnar is so popular, the one in Utah 2012 is already filled! However, they're trying to expand this race, so I just might get to do it Ragnar Utah is in June, and I'm crossing my fingers!

Ragnar is a CRAZY 24- hour relay race! They're all over the country. What is it exactly?

You and 11 of your closest friends running 200(ish) miles, day and night, relay-style, through some of the most scenic terrain North America could muster. Add in crazy runners, inside jokes and a mild case of sleep deprivation. The result? Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. 
We call it a Ragnar Relay.


It's really quite simple. Get a bunch of friends together and start running. 
Okay, there's a little more to it. 
Your relay team will consist of 12 members. 
During the relay, each team member runs three legs, each leg ranging between 3 - 8 miles and varying in difficulty. 
So, from the elite runner down to the novice jogger, it's the perfect relay race for anyone.
How do you cover 200(ish) miles? Only one runner hits the road at a time. 

The rest of your teammates are on support duty in your race vehicles. 
Teams require 2 vehicles, with runners 1-6 in van 1 and 7 -12 in van 2. 


Van 1's runners will cover the first six legs. It's a relay, so as the each runner begins, the crew in the vehicle can drive ahead, cheer their runner on, and meet them at the exchange point to pick them up and drop off the next runner. 


After the first 6 legs, van 2 picks up the slack and starts putting in the miles. 
A day, night and day later, you'll have made it all the way from start to finish!






Tough Mudder "Probably the toughest event on the planet" - Utah- No set date, yet.


This is a dream race.  As in, I should just dream. 
The very idea of doing this race scares me to death! But what an awesome ultimate challenge!


Honestly, I don't know if I will be ready in 2012 for this but I'm going to try. 
In order to be ready, I will have RIGOROUS training for months. It depends on when they decide to set the race date, if I'll be ready or not. 
There's always 2013, if it doesn't work out.


Tough Mudder is a worldwide event, and one of the most sought after races. 


What is the Tough Mudder? 







Tough Mudder is not your average lame-ass mud run or spirit-crushing ‘endurance’ road race. Our 10-12 mile obstacle courses are designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie
Forget finish times. Simply completing a Tough Mudder is a badge of honor. With the best obstacles and the most innovative courses, it’s no surprise that Tough Mudder has ten times more participants than any other mud run and half a million participants globally.
WARNING: Tough Mudder is 3-4 times longer and MUCH TOUGHER than a typical mud run such as Warrior Dash. On average, only 78% of participants finish the event. Only those in reasonably strong physical condition should enter.




See why I'm scared?!!



1 Royal Remarks:

Shaina said...

Good for you!!