»

Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm married to a 40 year old!


My Warren is 40! 

{Or as his brother, Ian, calls him... Gray Beard!}




40 facts about Warren:

1} Warren was born at Ft. Rucker, Alabama, on July, 16, 1971.

{Warren's dad was in the Army, and they were stationed there.
 Warren likes to think he's an "Alabama boy", and will refer to his "Alabama roots"... but he lived there for only like two seconds.}

2} Growing up, Warren lived in Alabama, Hawaii, Kansas, Arizona and Washington. He lived in Arizona the longest, and still calls it home.
{A couple years after we married, we moved to Arizona, and lived there for 13 years. Now, we live in Utah.}

3} Warren went on an LDS mission to Cordoba, Argentina, from 1990- 1992. 
He learned to speak Spanish, and is pretty fluent even to this day. He loved serving a mission.

4} Warren was a Boy Scout.

5} Warren lived on a ranch for many years.

6} Warren and I met at his mission homecoming, at church, in 1992.
He had a thick Spanish/American accent. It was cute! 
{Our families lived in Newport, Washington.}

7} Warren asked me on our first date when he came over to my house to look at my music selection, and wanted to borrow some CD's. 
When he asked if I could do something later, I told him I didn't know my schedule and I'd have to get back to him. I was completely free!  I just didn't want to seem to eager, even if I was.
{He reminds me to this day that he saw right through me.}

8} After dating Warren for 4 months, I had to kiss him for our first kiss!  He was very shy.
{And note, we went on dates several times a week. 
It was a  l. o. n. g.  4 months.}

9} Warren went to Ricks College, (Now, BYU- Idaho, in Rexburg, ID.) before his mission.
He went back to Ricks after his mission, as well. 
{I had planned on attending Ricks before we met, not knowing we were going to be at the same college.}

10} Warren's apartment, and my apartment, were right next to each other while we were attending Ricks College. Again, not planned.

11} Warren broke up with me for a 3 month period to "date other girls".
It ended up being only 1 girl.
I call her Big Butt Amy.
What?
She did have a big butt!

{But, I didn't stay at home and cry. I dated so many guys I couldn't even keep track! I had tons of fun, even though I really missed my Warren.}

12} Warren and I started dating again, after we spent a day together on a double-date day trip.
{Say that 3 times, fast. That's a real tongue twister!}

13} Warren asked me to marry him on Easter Sunday, 1994.
{It was a rainy day, and the surprise picnic lunch he had planned had to be canceled. We were in his apartment, alone, after watching the LDS General Conference.}

14} Warren and I were married in the Salt Lake temple, on August 22, 1994.

{Warren wanted the August 22 date, since it was the day he went on his mission 4 years prior.
I wanted to marry in the Salt Lake temple all my life, and the date of August 22, 1994 landed on a Monday.  Most temples are closed on Mondays, except for Salt Lake temple, and one other temple, at the time.
So, he got the date, I got the temple....it was great!}

15} For many years, Warren wanted us to have 12 children. 

16} We have 6 children. I met him half way!

17} Warren loves sports, especially basketball.
{He plays and watches. Phoenix Suns is his favorite team.}

18} Warren loves steak and potatoes. If I made that for him twice a week for the rest of his life, he'd be in heaven.
{Literally. He'd die of a heart attack!!}

19} Warren is a devoted husband, devoted father, and a devoted follower of Christ.

20} Warren is very thrifty. He won't hardly buy a thing retail.
{Undies and socks are on the retail list, thank goodness!}

21} Warren is the hardest working man I know. He will do anything to care for his family.
{Right now, he is doing 3 jobs.}

22} Warren's favorite actor is Matthew McConaughey.
{McConaughey reminds him a lot of his cousin, Nathan Frost.}

23} Warren's teen crush actress was Elisabeth Shue.

24} Warren's favorite color was green for years, now it's Carolina Blue. {A sports team color}

25} Warren is extremely competitive. He's a die hard player in anything he does. 

{I wasn't a very competitive person when it came to games, until I married Warren.  It's survival of the fittest around here. Game time is serious play time in our house. If I wasn't competitive with Warren, we wouldn't be game people to this day.}

26} Warren tries anything he wants to do, including every job that intrigues him.
He only does what he loves. If he doesn't like it anymore, he finds something else he likes to do. 
He could never, ever work in an office because it would be torture to his free spirit!

27} Warren is silly, funny, a jokester, and finds humor in almost anything.  He is happy and likes to laugh.

28} Warren is the oldest of 10 children.
{He comes from a really good family, with parents who've been married for over 42 years!}

29} Warren's idea of a fun date, is dinner and movie at the theater.

30} Warren is a collector of things. In essence, he's a pack rat.
{No comment}

31} Warren drives a truck. He'd rather be driving a 1995 Lincoln Town Car or Lincoln Mark VIII

32} Warren likes his space. He doesn't like cuddling in bed when it's sleep time. Nor does he like people touching him when he's trying to relax and be comfortable.

33} Warren has light green eyes.

34} Warren has a dent on his forehead. His mother says it was from forceps being used at his birth, but 
the dent didn't actually appear until he hit puberty.
People joke about his dent, or he will joke about it, and it doesn't bother him.

35} Warren is good at math. {I see this as a talent. I can't understand math to save my life!}

36} Warren loves scented candles. If I got him one for every celebration, he'd be happy. 

{Currently, in his office, he has a Coconut Lime Verbena candle, which he really likes. He bought it himself.}

37} Warren loves vanilla anything.  He loves his vanilla granola, vanilla yogurt, vanilla scented car freshener etc...

38} Warren loves music. Top 40 {pun not intended!} is his favorite. He also loves 80's music, Hip Hop and Tecno.

39} Warren hopes at least one of his children will go on a mission where he served his- Cordoba, Argentina.

{In our church, you are called on a mission to an unknown destination to you. You get an official letter with the destination a few weeks before you leave. So, we will just have to wait and see!}

40} Warren loves his family- his immediate family and his extended family. 
He's not a man of many words, but he loves his family very much.

________________________________________



Celebrating Warren...

For Warren's birthday on Saturday, he and I went out for lunch and saw African Cats at the dollar theater.
Afterward, we stayed home with the kids, Warren played X-Box with his son, and I made him his requested dinner meal of Chicken with Angel hair pasta, covered in lemon cream sauce. 
We had a lemon pound cake for dessert. 

I had to cancel the surprise party I had planned for that night, because two of his siblings had to work.  That's ok, we had it the next night!

Sunday night, we had a BBQ with his 3 siblings, and their families, who live near us. Our friends, Phena and Everett joined us, too. 
Warren got his requested cake, German Chocolate, and some nice gifts. 
It was great to celebrate our Warren.  He is loved!




I can't believe Warren is 40, now!  {Neither can he!}
When we were first married, 40 seemed so far away...

3 Royal Remarks:

Nancy said...

yay warren! Sounds like a great birthday, and Autumn, i love the facts :)

courtney said...

It is cool to learn more about Warren! Sounds like a fun time, see you guys soon!

Unknown said...

I know you were going for a "40" list, but I had to point out that you missed one!

41. Warren is a sincere friend. We have no friend who greets us as warmly as Warren! We miss you!! Happy Birthday Warren!