»

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Strawberry Days Parade & Fair

A full day of nothing but fun!

In the morning, we went to the summer movie at the local theater. We saw, Tale of Desperaux.

Afterward, we went swimming for a couple hours.  It was nice and hot for swimming.
I love hot summer days in the pool!  My kind of fun.
{Except for the time Spencer jumped in the pool right in front of me, and water shot up my nose. OUCH! Such a darling little boy I have.}

Then, we headed to the High School, where the 5 younger kids lined up to be in the Strawberry Days Children's Parade. They were to dress in red, white, or blue.



{Emmalese with her new friend, who lives next door.}


We walked the parade route...



...and when it ended, we were handed popsicles, coupons for free slushies at a local diner, tickets to redeem for rides at the fair, and a hand stamp to get into the rodeo. {Not bad, for walking in a parade!}




Andelin happily took my bright orange popsicle for a lick. When I took it back, she threw a fit! So, I gave her half. 

It was funny to watch her. She was so confused!  It was sooo yummy, yet soooo cold.




We thought we'd head to the fair for an hour or so, then head to the rodeo. 
That didn't keep- we played at the fair way too long! 

The kids had such a fun time, and I loved watching them.  
It turned out a great night to go to the fair, since all the rides were only 1 ticket each, this night only. 

For $20, we had hours of fun!




{Conner and Parker were thrilled I gave them their tickets, and let them go off on their own.}


I got a good laugh, when Parker came up to me after the standing, twirly, whirly ride. 
He said, "Mom, DON'T go on that purple ride!  I got so dizzy, and I was about to cry.!" 

We came home completely beat. 
What a long, fantastic day.

0 Royal Remarks: