»

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 1- Biggest Loser in 30 Days!

 I'm super excited, folks!

 I ordered the book, Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start, to keep me going on the diet changes I've made. I need more structure in my diet, as well as a daily 'game plan' of food and exercise, to follow.

 I've read through the book, looked at all the delicious things I'll be eating, as well as the exercise program I will follow. The exercise plan is 6 days- with 1 day off.  In order to keep my faith of keeping Sunday's holy, I will exercise, Monday- Saturday.





 I will openly share my journey.

 I know I'm not alone in a weight-lose quest, or making healthy lifestyle changes. It's not necessarily comfortable for me to share details, since it's embarrassing to be fat in the first place- that's is how I feel, anyway.
 Honestly, I think the more I share with others, I will keep myself motivated and hopefully motivate others in the process. That's what life is about, right? Motivating and helping others- not just yourself.
 It's much more satisfying!

 So, follow me on my blog, work along side me in your own home, snicker from the sidelines, cheer from across the nation, whatever you want...
I will be here for 30 days sharing my journey, with you!


Before I started this journey I bought:

The above mentioned book
The Biggest Loser food journal
A food scale
Hand weights
Prepared a weeks' menu, and bought needed foods.


Day1

What did I eat?

Breakfast: Whole grain oatmeal and 1% milk

Snack: Whole grain bread with natural peanut butter

Lunch: Progresso Light Italian soup (yummy!)

Snack: Whole grain granola with dried blueberries and apples

Dinner: Light version of Stroganoff and peas

I drank lots of water throughout the day.

I wasn't hungry between meals, and I could have easily stopped off to get a juicy burger, or a Dr, Pepper, since I was out shopping today.  But, I kept to my food plans!


What exercise did I do?

10 minutes of stairs, in my house.

Oh, boy!  I was supposed to do 20 minutes of walking, but it's freezing outside, so I chose to walk the stairs instead.
Ok, walking stairs, vs. walking the pavement is a lot different!  After 10 minutes of stairs, I was out of breath, and felt I got a great work- out. 
When it's good weather, I will be walking outside, too.


Starting Weight: 199

I feel some water retention, since I'm supposed to start my cycle any time now. I don't know how much of my weight is "water", so I will just start my weight with what my scale reads.

2 Royal Remarks:

Shaina said...

You can do it!! Don't give up. You'll feel great, and see results soon!!
Go Autumn!

Nancy said...

You inspire me! Great job :)