We're practically buried alive here in Spanish Fork, Utah!
Our front porch
Our back porch
Even when I live in Washington state, I really don't remember it snowing this much, for this long. WOW.
We had about a foot of snow when I went to bed last night. I woke to 4+ feet of snow, and the white stuff is still falling. It's not supposed to let up for a couple more days.
Snowed in = No school.
The school district canceled school. It's a big deal around here, cause they never cancel school.
It's that bad.
Here are my woes:
Our two shovels were left in the backyard, so they got buried. grrrrrr
My van won't drive well in this weather, because it has horrible tires. I took the kids to and from school yesterday, when the snow wasn't even as bad as it is today, and I was fishtailing all over the place.
My driveway is at a slant, and getting into the garage took several tries. Both times getting into it, I dented the side of the garage frame, and peeled paint off the side of my van! The driveway was that slick!
Warren is very ill. I think the last time he's been this ill, was when he had heat exhaustion, in Phoenix, 7 years ago. I'm actually really worried about him.
To top it all off... I needed groceries! There was hardly a thing in this house. {That's a whole other story all in itself} I needed to get the driveway shoveled, so I could use Warren's car {better tires} to go to the store.
By mid-morning, things turned for the better. One of my boys found a buried shovel out back. Hooray!
So, Conner, Parker, and I, took turns shoveling snow.
Oh.
My.
Goodness.
There was a mountain of snow in our driveway, and sidewalks!
Sick Warren, came out for a little bit to help. I tried shooing him back inside, to get back to his bed.
He didn't listen.
Though, he did tire easy, and went inside not long after.
My turn
Parker's turn
Conner's turn
Warren's {unauthorized} turn
As we were shoveling along... we were saved!
The bishop of our church came by on his 4 wheeler with an attached shovel. He cleared our driveway in 10 minutes! What a blessing! It was so wonderful that he helped, otherwise we'd probably still be out there shoveling away. To show our gratitude, we plan to take homemade cookies over to him later on.
Bishop Lewis' turn
Even though the snow is beautiful...I wish I lived in Phoenix, right about now.
Emmalese enjoying the snow
{Tucker didn't come out, because he's sick, and Andelin was napping.}
With the driveway cleared- I could head to the grocery store. How nice!












0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment