My sister, Morgen, is serving a mission, for our church. {We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints} She's in West Virgina until February, when she will be done, and return home.
As much as Morgen is happy to be a missionary, and doesn't mind being gone for a year and a half, she can get a little homesick now and then. I'd imagine, she, and a lot of missionaries, miss their families the most during holidays. I wanted to send her something special this Christmas. A reminder of how much she is loved by all her family.
I came up with the cute idea of making Rudolf ornaments!!!
I asked my extended family members {on my side} to trace their hands on a paper bag, and write a signed note to Morgen, on the backs.
Once we got them in the mail- my kids, Warren, and I, got to work turning the fronts into cute Rudolf faces! All of them have googly eyes, a giant red nose, as well as a red hanging ribbon.
But, we added different smiles to some, and eyelashes to the female hands.
Spencer, my 7 year old, was confused as to why we'd put eyelashes on some of the Rudolfs', because Rudolf is a boy, after all. haha He's right! But, I still think it's cute that some of them have eyelashes.
Andelin is the youngest of our entire family, at 5 months old. Her tiny hand print/ Rudolf seriously melts my heart!
And if you look close- there's a paw print too. My brother, Micah, decided to trace his dog, Tropper's, paw. Very cute, indeed!
Tomorrow, Warren will mail the package of 19 Rudolf ornaments. I can't wait to get an email from Morgen, on what she thinks!
I just know it's gonna make her cry like a baby.
And that's the goal.







0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment