»

Monday, December 27, 2010

Game Room journey -- take 6

I love decorating my home. 
I love making things to decorate my home.
I love getting bargains, to decorate my home.
I love sharing with others, what I did to decorate my home. {Blog!}

I think your home should reflect who you are, and it should rise up to greet you, with a smile, every morning!
Now that I've had more energy the past couple months, after having a baby, and have seen vision within the walls of this new home of ours, the old me is back.  It feels great!

And I'm just getting started!!!!!!

If you've been following along, I've been posting progress made on a game room we created.
I have a few more projects in cue, before it's complete.  And, of course, as we create, I'll share them here.

Today, I painted the legs of our game table. It was a dingy white, and now it's a pretty green.
And, I painted a Lazy Susan, the same green color. It will go on top of our game table, so we can turn game boards around as we play.





   They're almost dry!

{The color you see above, is what it really looks like. Very pretty.
The other two pictures aren't good depictions of the color.}


Cost: Free


The table given to us a few years ago. {Thanks, Holly!}

The green paint is a left over pail of my sister-in-laws. {Thanks, Kim!}

The Lazy Susan, was a Christmas gift, from my hubby. {Thanks, Warren!}


Check back for more completed, thrifty, projects:

~ I'll be making a set of vintage looking dice from blocks of wood.
~ I'll be making wall art of large, vintage looking dominoes.
~ I'll be making a collage of our family and favorite games.
~ I'll be making a score board wall hanging.
~ I'll finish painting the rest of the chairs. {4 more to go.}
~ I'll buy, and paint, another bookcase for our new games.

2 Royal Remarks:

Shaina said...

I love it when a room comes together and makes you feel happy.

Beautiful and fun dresses for Andelin.

Yay for christmas presents and having everything work out!

The Girls' Mom said...

YEA!