Merry Christmas, everyone!
Last night, we told the children not wake us until 7:00 am. We need sleep!
Sure enough, with only a few hours of sleep, we were woke right on the dot. It's Christmas morning!!
Our four oldest children were up, but we needed to wake the two youngest.
Andelin woke pretty easy. She's always smiling when she wakes up, and this morning was no different.
She's such a doll!
Tucker, on the other hand, hasn't been feeling well the past few days, and opted to stay in bed!
What?!
He put up a good fight, too. I was kind of shocked, but I know it's because he doesn't feel well.
So, Warren, Andelin, and I, joined the rest of our highly cheerful kids by the tree. Thankfully, within a few minutes, Tucker joined us. I was beginning to think he'd miss Christmas morning all together. Phew.
Here's a few highlights of our Christmas morning:
Andelin's first Christmas!
Tucker LOVED all the cars and trucks he got.
Spencer liked to close his eyes while opening a gift,
so he'd be completely surprised once he
unwrapped it all the way. Silly!
Emmalese was very happy to have a Justin Beiber anything,
and her first watch.
Parker enjoyed the Whoopee Cushion that Santa put in his stocking.
Conner opening his stocking.
I'm going to get good use out of this foot massager!
Warren was happy, and surprised, he got the newest
John Grisham book. He didn't know this new one was out, yet!
Grisham is Warren's favorite author.
The very last gift opened, was one for all of our children. I ended up crying as I watched them open it.
{No, I normally do not cry at gift openings on Christmas.This was special.}
First, let me give you the back story:
Our children have been wanting a Wii since it came out a few years ago. It's very expensive, so we haven't purchased it for them- not even for Christmas. This year, Warren wanted to buy our children a Wii, but only if he could find one for an affordable price. So, as awesome as he can be, Warren did an extra job on the side for Christmas money.
Blessed are we because, at the last possible moment-Christmas Eve- Warren found a man who was selling his Wii, and 5 games, plus 2 regular controllers, and 2 steering wheel controllers, for only $175!
A huge bargain!
What's neat, is Warren made just over $175 doing his extra job. It was a little miracle.
Warren was thrilled he could get this for our kids!
Knowing that our children have been aching for this, and Warren going out of his way to get the money in order to buy this for them, and he being able to find the Wii at an affordable price-
made me tear up as I watched our children cheer over the gift.
It was very sweet to watch.
It was a good Christmas!
2 Royal Remarks:
I like how Spencer closes his eyes when he's opening his gifts, how funny! Looks like a fun time, and I'm super glad you were able to get the Wii- yay!
Horray for little miracles! Getting a WII is something we are wrestling back and forth on...get one, don't get one...I'll have to try it out to see if I like it!
Spencer made me laugh too. I like the closing eyes thing!
Post a Comment