»

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Emergency Purse Kit

  We all like to be prepared to some degree or another.  One of the things I remember about my mother's purse was that it seemed to have anything and everything inside of it.  I too have a lot of things in my purse.  Some things seem unnecessary until one needs it, so it's worth carrying around.  {Blame it on a woman/mom mentality.}

  I like having things ready for an emergency in my purse. Some things stay put, while others are used more often.  I've been thinking of making myself a bigger emergency kit for my purse so I'm even more prepared for the unknown.
  Today I wrote out a list of things to add to a medium sized pouch that will always stay in my purse. {Right now it's a diaper bag} I think I can get a lot of these items at the dollar store.

Here is a list of emergency items going in my bag:

Tampon
Large & small safety pins
Sewing needle
Black and white thread
A few straight pins
Tweezers
2 bandaids
Antiseptic spray
Pain reliever
Antacid
2 sticks of gum
Quarters
$10 bill
Comb
Floss
Emery board
Body spray
Plastic bag {for kids' dirty clothes or a blow- out diaper...you just never know!}
Hair tie
Cotton swabs
Moist towelettes
Hand sanitizer
Tissue
Lotion
Chapstick
Tape
Pen & pencil
Small note pad
Spare house & car keys

  With this kit tagging along with me I will be even more mommy prepared!  I just need to be on top of replacing items once they've been used.

  What do you think should be added to this list?

  Do you all ready have an emergency purse kit? If not, are you going to make an emergency kit for your purse?

3 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

I always have sunscreen or a sunscreen stick, I have see through kids and if we're out in the sun for more then 5 minutes sunscreen is a must! And maybe some gauze and medical tape, for bigger cuts, but not totally necessary. But you pretty much got everything! Thanks for the ideas!

Shaina said...

nail clippers. A few phone numbers that you don't have memorized, and a pkg of crackers or peanuts or something. I also have a toothbrush (or a pgk of brushups that you can get at the dollar store) because I'm wierd about my teeth being clean.

Anonymous said...

Being pregnant makes me have to carry a snack. Maybe a small abg of nuts and dried fruit could be added to your kit!
Alicia