Join me here, on my blog, as I post pictures of the game room my husband and I are creating for our home! Decorating is one my favorite things to do, so this is going to be way fun for me. {I don't know how thrilled Warren is...but he's enlisted! Between you and me, I think he'll like it.}
Color theme: greens and browns.
I bought frames at Ikea that are nearly 20 x 20 inches. They are open frames- made to add material, and are super cheap- at only $4.99 each!
I then bought coordinating materials in my color palette.
At home, my sweet husband took the time to help me put together the frames, and add the material.
It took about 45 minutes with his help.
Below is my first photo to share in the game room decorating journey. {The frames may look small to scale, but they're rather large. Remember, they're almost 20 x 20 each! I love how big they are.}
I then bought coordinating materials in my color palette.
At home, my sweet husband took the time to help me put together the frames, and add the material.
It took about 45 minutes with his help.
Below is my first photo to share in the game room decorating journey. {The frames may look small to scale, but they're rather large. Remember, they're almost 20 x 20 each! I love how big they are.}
{Cost: $37 for 3 frames and fabric. I have extra fabric to make 3 throw pillows!}
As my husband and I do projects for this game room, I will add photos of our progress to my blog. Hopefully, we will have the room completed within a month or so. Keep checking back!
What are the plans?
Make throw pillows with the material seen in the frames, as well as other pillows. I will buy some pillows too. These will sit on top of a cedar chest.
Paint a huge Armour green.
Paint a large bookcase chocolate brown.
Make a framed collage with coordianting colors from scrapbook paper. {It will have pictures of each family member on it along with the title- "What's your favorite game?". I will have tags that state each person's favorite game.}
Paint a tables' legs. {Not sure what color I will choose}
Make a fitted felt-like tablecloth. {Like you'd see on a poker table.}
Paint eclectic chairs with coorddinating colors.
Make, or buy, coordianting curtains.
Paint picture frames for the room.
Buy a throw rug for under the table.
Buy a vinyl saying or quote for the wall. {Not sure what it will read, yet.}
There will be a lot of room for our games {we have so many!} in the Armour, cedar chest, and bookcase.
Also, I'm enlisting a good friend, Bethany, to help me with the sewing. My sewing machine's pedal is missing, so I can't sew if I wanted too, and because she is a much better seamstress than me! Plus, who doesn't have more fun doing projects with a friend? :)
Also, I'm enlisting a good friend, Bethany, to help me with the sewing. My sewing machine's pedal is missing, so I can't sew if I wanted too, and because she is a much better seamstress than me! Plus, who doesn't have more fun doing projects with a friend? :)
In my head this is going to be the cutest game room EVER when I'm done.
I can't wait 'til the finished project is done, but I'm really looking forward to our decorating journey!!!
I can't wait 'til the finished project is done, but I'm really looking forward to our decorating journey!!!






1 Royal Remarks:
Oooh, that sounds awesome! I like the picture frames, and love that color palette. Its gonna look so good when its done!
Post a Comment