My husband and I have been working on our game room, and having fun doing it! We are very thrifty people, so all the projects we are doing for this game room will be things we already own that we are spicing up, or bought for a great price.
Here's our latest projects:
Above:
Warren and I painted this once ugly bookcase, to a pretty chocolate brown. We took out the bottom shelf to make more room, and added most of our games to the bookcase. It looks so much nicer, and matches our brown and green color theme.
{Cost: $10 for paint. We already had the bookcase.}
Above:
I had our children yell out the inventory of all our games as I typed the list on the computer. I put the game list in alphabetical order, and printed it off. {If you look really close I added a watermark to the page! It reads: Weber Files. How cute is that?!}
Then I took an old frame in storage, spray painted it chocolate brown, and added coordinating scrapbook paper. I added the games list, and put it all in the frame. The list is hanging on the wall to the right of the bookcase for easy viewing of our game inventory. I love this idea!
{Cost: $0. We already had the frame, scrapbook paper, printing paper/ink, and brown spray paint.}
Above:
I made a "Weber version" of Scrabble! This is one of my most favorite things I've ever made. The Scrabble board has all of our family names, as well as other words such as: Dishes, Love. Forever, Laundry, Pray, Zoo....etc.
I hung it on the wall in our game room, and added a brown bow to the top to make it extra cute.
{Cost: $5 for ribbon. We already had the Scrabble board/tiles.}
More...
We ordered coordianting curtains for the room- they should arrive any day now. Curtains will tie in the room even better. There's a few more things we're doing to make this room exciting, inviting, and fun, so check back later for updates!
{Cost to date: $42 for three fabric covered frames {look at last post}, painted bookcase, and pretty ribbon bow for Scrabble board.}








2 Royal Remarks:
Very cute ideas! We are right in the middle of a renovation, and I am so done with it! Seeing your ideas inspires me - MAYBE I will paint today---no I think I would rather read..lol, I am lazy.
It is looking so cute! You are getting it done so fast. I will try to come next weekend. I wont know for sure until Sunday. Will that work for you? Otherwise Ill try for the next weekend.
Post a Comment