»

Saturday, May 22, 2010

In love


  Here's a great ultrasound picture of our baby girl!  I'm fortunate enough to have had an ultrasound this late in my pregnancy because of the move and getting a new Obstetrician.  I cheered when he ordered one! 

  My former OB did 4 ultrasounds but could never get a fantastic picture of baby's face.  This time around I got one and I'm so happy.  I think her chubby cheeks are adorable!

  It amazes me the level of love a mother can have for her unborn baby.  I'm no different. 
Once I find out I'm pregnant I'm in love.
Then I feel the baby's movements- I fall more in love.  
Once I see the baby on an ultrasound, with its movements and small shape, I fall even more in love. 
I can't help it.  I'm head-over-heels in love with my baby girl!!  I think she's beautiful already and I can not wait to meet her, hold her, nurse her and snuggle with her.  I especially can't wait to smell the sweetness of a newborn baby- which is heaven itself.

 I found out last week that I have gestational diabetes. {Diabetes during pregnancy.  It normally goes away after delivery}  I haven't had G.D. with any other pregnancy.  It's so my luck to have it during my last pregnancy too! lol!

  I have to change my diet to eating small meals 6 times a day.  The meals need to be low in carbohydrates and virtually no sugar.  I can eat some sugar-free things here and there but not a lot. Those items still have carbohydrates or fats that can effect me and baby.

  I also have to test my blood sugar levels and record them 7 times a day using a diabetic testing kit.  Basically, that means I poke my finger with a needle 7 times a day and use a machine to test my blood sugar. Then I record the numbers on a chart.
Annoying!

  I don't mind the diet change.  It's the pricking my finger so blood comes out 7 times a flippin' day!
Not fun at all.

 Since I have an awesome OB who is very thorough- he wants me to come in for a visit once a week to look at my records from the test results. He wants to monitor me and baby very closely. Most OB's leave it to the Diabetic Counselors to do the monitoring but my OB prefers to watch his own patients.  I think it's great he's so thorough.

 As you probably know, babies who are effected by gestational diabetes tend to be big, fat chubby things at birth.  This is super cute and all but not a very healthy thing for a baby since their bodies can't make enough insulin. Most OB's induce babies early for this reason.  I'm actually thrilled to report that my OB feels this way and so we will be having our baby girl induced on July 2nd- a whole week early!
{This is always happy news to an uncomfortable pregnant mama!}

 I'm totally excited to have this baby a week early and I'm definitely counting down the days!! 
5 weeks and 6 days left... yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


2 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

i love reading about the baby!! she's going to be so loved, i can't wait to meet her!!

Kara said...

What a great picture of her face. :-) So exciting you can have her a week early. It's always so wonderful to greet that sweet little spirit fresh from heaven.