»

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Write-a-thon!

 
  Writing on the Wall blog is having a write-a-thon today.  This is just the motivation I need since my move {and the time} to get me going again on writing.  It's open to anybody interested!  Plus, for extra motivation there are prizes!

* The person who writes the MOST words will receive a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com OR a 50-page content edit from Precision Editing Group.

* One participant (selected at random) will receive a $30 gift certificate to Amazon.com

  There's a bonus prize if the people who participate accumutively hit 100,000 words:

  * One participant, again chosen at random, will win BOTH a copy of
 "There, They're Their: A No-Tears Guide to Grammar from the Word Nerd"

  AND

 * A hand-bound blank journal from Pendragon's Bookbinding


  The rules:

  1- Write for FOUR hours between 4:00 pm and midnight, Thursday, April 8, MDT.


  2-  Enter your start time and beginning word count (if applicable) on the post that will be up then, titled, "The Write-a-Thon Starts Now!"


  3-  Track your 4-hour block (set a timer if you need to so you don't go over).


  4-  Come back and post your finishing time and your total words written during the 4 hours.

   Personally, I'm going to write as much as I can on my second children's book-" I took a Snake to Sacrement Meeting".  If I have time I will dive back into my novel- "As we Greet with a Kiss".

3 Royal Remarks:

Nancy said...

Very Cool!

Unknown said...

I loved it thanks for telling me about it. I had so much fun.

Autumn said...

My sister, Jade, won the $30 gift certificate!! So cool! Yeah, Jade!