We did it. We made the grand trip from Phoenix, Arizona to Spanish Fork, Utah. We left our "home" and now we begin a new adventure and chapter in our lives. Wow, I can't believe we live in Utah!
Is this a good thing? Good question. I keep asking myself the same thing over and over again.
I felt like we needed to move to Utah for more than one reason. {Believe me, I'd be happy living in the Phoenix area the rest of my life.} Once I seriously talked to Warren about my thoughts he soon agreed that it felt right. Everything fell into place and here we are. It took all of 6 weeks for this to transpire.
Even though I know we are to be here I can't stop crying. Every day I have a moment where I bawl and bawl and just can't stop. I'd like to attribute this to pregnancy hormones but I know it's my normal self too. Even if I weren't pregnant I know I'd feel this way and have these daily melt downs.
I think what it boils down to is that I really don't like change. Moving is something I'm not fond of doing and it always brings up sore memories of moving so much as a child- leaving family and friends behind and having to start all over again. I relived these same feelings this last week and I'm not over it yet. I left my home and life and all my wonderful friends who have become my family. Not being able to be around them is very hard to fathom.
Plus the warm/hot weather too... I miss already. It was in the mid 70's when we drove away from Phoenix. We arrived in Spanish Fork in 40 degree weather, with the sun hidden, and people telling us "this was a good day to move". What? How is that kind of weather a good day to move? I was freezing! But they were right because the days following gave us wind, snow, wind, rain, wind and snow again. Unpacking a moving truck in wind, rain or snow would have been a lot more aggravating.
But you know, the one thing I am very thankful for is the rock the church brings. No matter where I have moved in my lifetime there is the church. There is always a congregation of people who share my faith near my new home. This has always given me strength. The gospel has always been central in my life and it brings me peace.
In short, I'm still not sure how I feel about this huge change. Maybe when I'm not so emotional I will share the lists of things I like and dislike so far. But for now, so many emotions are running through my brain that all I can do is cry... and cry... and cry some more.





7 Royal Remarks:
Any move it hard! And having one where you move out of a state and far far away from all you've known for the most part of your married life would be even more difficult. I hpe that you will soon love Utah.! It will take time to make new long lasting friendships but they will come!
Feel better soon!
I am sure part of it is the hormones. The other part is course you left me behind!! But I understand. The Lord will bless you for listening. Thing will be okay and you will love it there just like you loved it here. Just be patient. I love you and will come and see you!!
Yep, this time last year I was riding my bike everyday in chandler, AZ, now looking out my window in Layton, UT the streets are covered in snow...
Welcome to Utah!
Oh, gosh, moving is hard. You will love Utah ... I still love Utah. It has a special place in my heart. And, I gotta tell you when Don and I got married we made a pact that we would never live in California or Utah. Well, as you know, only 50% of the pact is still intact. Never in a million years did I dream we'd spend 10 years there!
And when we had to move to Texas for my health care, I cried ... often. My girls thought it was the IV nutrition. :-) LOL! No, it was the move. I missed my little double cul-de-sac neighborhood with 22 kiddos and the llamas and horses down the street ... and handing treats over the fence to my neighbor. :-)
Hang in there ... Utah will grow on you, too. :-)
I've never moved myself, but I know it's an experience that's coming for me in the following months. I'm glad that you guys are closer, and I'm sure the move will all work out for you! Also, this move means you all can see me more often, and who wouldn't want that? heehee..love you!!
Congrats on the surviving the move.
Just because you know something is right, doesn't mean it's easy. Kara's not the only one who shed a few tears over our move, I can tell ya that.
Been there and done that: The moving as a child thing and then moving as an adult thing. I am sorry and may you never move again. (accept maybe back to Phoenix;)
Post a Comment