As I posted before- I worry about every baby I carry- every pregnancy. I don't think I'm overly worrisome or overly anxious generally. I think I worry like most mothers-to-be.
Except, right now, my worry speedometer is off the charts. It's so far in the red it's blowing steam.
So far, I've had two Dr. appointments for baby girl and I. Both appointments I've tested positive for protein in my urine. I've never had protein in my urine with previous pregnancies so this is new for me.
Dr. Lythgoe {in my expert opinion- the best OBGYN in the world} told me that if a woman has protein in her urine once it's usually nothing to raise concern. It's a random thing that happens often to many pregnant women. But, if it happens more then once, especially with back-to-back appointments like mine, it raises his level of concern.
Dr. L. told me the different reasons I may have protein in my urine but the one thing that he is a little concerned about is that I may be developing Preeclampsia. He told me not to worry about it though- it's just something that may be happening that we need to be aware of. He also thinks it's very rare for a woman like me to even get it- another reason I need not worry.
{{{ Note: Little. He is only a little concerned. And rightly so. He's thinking with his medically trained head and has facts in front of him. Not me. I'm thinking with my emotional pregnant head. It's my baby and my body we're talking about... I'm not a little worried. }}}
My next appointment is the beginning of March and if I test positive for protein in my urine again, Dr. L. wants to do a 24- hour watch/test on my urine. {Sounds exciting}
Reasons I shouldn't even be worried:
1} I don't have high blood pressure.
2} I have very little swelling in my feet and hands.
3} I'm not 20 weeks pregnant {2 more weeks to go}.
4} This is my 7th pregnancy not my 1st.
5} I've never had Preeclampsia before.
Yet, I'm such a worry wart with this. My mind is racing to the worst possible scenario: I fear baby girl won't survive because she has to be delivered too soon. Or if she does survive she will have complications the rest of her life.
Harsh thoughts, I know.
Now that I've shared this 'out loud'- I realize I need to ask Warren for a blessing. I'm in need of peace, comfort and direction.





4 Royal Remarks:
Autumn, you shouldn't worry too much about Preeclampisa now. I've never seen it happen before 25 weeks (and I've seen it ALOT). And anyway, stressing about it defineately does not help!!! ;)
That helps me feel better, Shavonne. I know I shouldn't be sooo worried about it.
For me, the more babies I've had and the less naive I am- I know just how much can be a risk when I'm pregnant. A healthy baby and healthy mom is a miracle every time.
Thank you, Shavonne.
Well, I have no experience with preeclampsia, but my fingers are crossed for you and wishing you good luck.
I take all the info the doc gives and just think, well, if I have this or that, modern medicine is amazing now a days! It makes the pregnancies harder, but the baby is still healthy, I just have a little harder time. Hope it is nothing though!
Post a Comment