Who knew that it would cost $180 to pull a BABY tooth!
Spencer, almost 6 years old, has been hurting and crying the past couple of days because his tooth aches. We feel so sorry for our little man. My husband looked at the sore tooth to find a hole it in it. Great. No wonder he's balling. A hole in anything in your body is gonna hurt! We've been giving him doses of Motrin for pain relief until we could get him to the dentist today. {Monday}Warren took Spencer to our dentist office this morning. {I couldn't because I'm babysitting for a friend.} The dentist said Spencer has a pretty bad infection and decided to just pull the baby tooth. We're ok with that. But what we're not ok with is paying $180 for it! Sheesh! It's just a tiny, itty bitty thing that took the dentist all of 10 minutes to pull for cryin' out loud.
We don't have health or dental insurance right now so we have to pay this bill out- of- pocket. Warren's company doesn't offer health/dental insurance, unfortunately. He's considered an 'independent contractor' and has to get his own insurance. We hope to get it in the next couple months. For a family of 7 we're going to be paying through the nose! But it's better then having to pay for every single medical/dental/ eye appointment/ prescriptions/ emergency for all 7 of us.





3 Royal Remarks:
Tooth pain is the worst!
Even with insurance the cost is horrible. I just paid $96 for a filling!!!
Poor Spencer! I always wonder how dentist can charge like that. Our dentist charged us 30 to pull a tooth that would have fallen out any day He said it had to come out that day. I'm not convinced.
OW! I can't imagine how painful that would be! We don't have insurance either and things can get pretty costly. $180 seems pretty high to pull a tooth! Glad Spencer is okay now!
Post a Comment