This week {until Christmas Eve} we are doing a deep clean of the house and backyard. I like to have a super clean home for Christmas morning. It's probably a mom thing but it's something fierce I need to have done or I feel grouchy.
I'm so excited this year because my sister, Tami, and her three children are driving here to be with us for 4 days! It's a surprise for our kids- they have no idea there cousins {whom they adore} are coming for Christmas vacation. This is another motivating factor for me to have my home 'just so'.
With Warren as the collector of all things {and more} we had quite a few things to take to the dump this morning. I have a good friend who drives a diesel truck and has an open bed trailer. This morning we loaded up the old junk that I've been dying to get rid of as well as junk that didn't sell at our garage sale a couple weeks ago. It was very invigorating for me to DUMP stuff! I hate clutter. I hate it with a passion. Warren is cluttery and collects and collects and collects. GRRRRRRR
Warren asked what I wanted for Christmas this year. He didn't like the response.
"An organized and clutter free home." Said I- the mother of his children.
I'm dead serious. If I had one Christmas wish it would be a completely organized home. Warren was laughing at the idea- and was even joking that he would be off somewhere in the house in the middle of the night organizing and de-junking and I'd call to him wondering where and what he was doing. He'd yell back "Oh, nothing dear...just up for a midnight snack."
*Shuffle Shuffle* in the background. haha
He thought that was funny {so did I} but I wish he really would do it just for his lovely wife because he wants to make her Christmas wish come true.
I'll bet I get something like an IPod, DVD's, board games or scrapbooking stuff and not an organized house. {Probably because it's like cutting off an arm to get rid of something he'd collected.}





2 Royal Remarks:
If he gets it done...can you have him call Erik and tell him how he did it. If Erik accomplished that for me before the baby gets here, I would let him count it for the next three Christmases :)!!
I keep telling my children I want a whole day without them fighting. I haven't gotten that yet, either ...
Post a Comment