»

Monday, October 27, 2008

It's all about FAIR play




The Arizona State Fair is here and we took the kiddos. It's an annual thing we do. We never did it before the kids were old enough to want to go and now we go every year. We had a great time with each other. The rides were fantastic, the weather a perfect 90 degrees and the kids had a blast.











And as always, the animals were stinky. Our little people can't miss seeing the animals ya know. I don't mind animals at all...I think their really cool. But get into a confined space with them and it's not too fun anymore. haha






Tucker LOVES the show 'Dora'. We were thrilled to find out that Dora and Boots were going to be at the Fair the same day as us. We took Tucker in line to get a picture with them. We pointed out Dora and Boots cheerfully but Tucker responded a lot different then we expected. He flipped out! He was so frightened he wanted his daddy to hold him tight. What? I guess he takes after his mom...any kind of dressed up person creeps me out. As a little girl and now as an adult I really feel uneasy about characters dressed up. I just want to run and hide. YIKES!

So in order to get the picture I was hoping for with Tucker and his coveted Dora... I had Warren carry Tucker behind Dora while she was taking pics with other kids. I got a random shot but Warren couldn't stand there very long before Tucker was squirming to get down and run!




The rock climbing wall was the up most of priorities for our kids. Each did their turn, except for Tucker. When Spencer (5 yrs. old) got strapped up he did a turbo climb to the top. We were impressed! This was his first time doing it and made it look easy and like he'd been doing it for a long time.

"Go Spencer! Go Spencer!" We all shouted to him over and over from the ground. Once he got to the the top he froze. With tears streaming down his face, he didn't know what to do next. We tried coaxing and talking it over with him on how to get down. We even tried telling him to just let go and let the rope bring him down...but he wasn't budging. Balling and frozen was this poor little boy. The attendant ended up strapping up and climbing to his rescue. We were all relieved, but not as much as Spencer was. He was rather embarrassed when he got down, but I was there waiting with a hug. I don't think he'll attempt it again any time soon. hehe








Not long after that Spencer had a big surprise. He lost his first tooth! It had been loose for a couple of days and then he ate a caramel apple. That did the trick on getting it out.












And of course, the Fair food is much looked forward too. As a child my mother would get a Gyro at the Fair. Us kids liked getting bites from her. Whenever I go to the Fair I get a Gyro as well. Yummmm.


We also got curly fries, burgers, corn dogs, caramel apples, cotton candy, lemonade and delicious FUNNEL CAKE.






We all agreed that the Fair was a smashing success this year...too bad my feet didn't agree. :S

9 Royal Remarks:

Anonymous said...

3 things....

A) umm, 90 degrees in NOT perfect weather!!

2) Spencer is getting soooo handsome.

D)what the heck is wrong with your camera. It must have been reeeeally bright out side that day. Unless you made them look like that on purpose, then well ok!

Oh and one more thing...I WANT SOME CANDY!!!!!

Autumn said...

My camera is really off with its lighting. I tried messing with it but nothing changed. It was VERY bright out. And 90 degrees is to perfect weather!!

tyames said...

Oh man I miss the AZ State Fair. Looks like you had enough fun for me too though.

Kristi said...

Fair food.....yuuuum! I love the fair....It's not fair that you were able to go to the fair. How many times can I say fair? :) Here a fair, there a fair, everywhere a fair fair....(Ok...it is still early)

courtney said...

It sounds like you had a really fun time, we love going to to the state fair.

I liked the way you did the pictures, even if it was on accident, it has a warm fallish look to them, even if the weather is 90 degrees.

Sharon said...

oh that sounds so fun... hey what hs happened to you? you use to be an everyday poster, and now it's like once a week! where are you?

ali cross said...

What a FUN time! Here's what a bad mommy I am ... I haven't yet taken my kids to a fair! I know! I'm the suckiest mom ever!

I wish I could be more like you. Bet my kids wish it too!

Next year (when they're 9) I'm surely not going to be able to get away with not going.

Jenne said...

It looks so warm and sunny! I am jealous, this looks like so much fun. I love the fair. I love your polk-a-dot nails.
Your family is just darling!

Me said...

I too love the way your pictures look!