»

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mmmmmmm

Smell that? Wondering where that delicious and divine scent is coming from? Well, it's my Pumpkin Spice oil and candle burning at my place. Mmmmmmmm the smell of summer gone, cooler days ahead and autumn coming around the corner.

I fancy any scent that has a cinnamony {is that a word?} flavor. It's a very relaxing smell to me that I look forward to every fall and winter. I'm a big oil and candle burning gal. I love my home to smell good. My hubby is even more into candle burning then I am- go figure. I'm really enjoying today for it is the first day this season of burning it. Oh, the simple joy I feel! Mmmmmmm.





This morning I also got out my fall decorations and sprinkled my home and front porch with them. I enjoy the autumn decor because it lasts from September till November without having to take it down for another! I can be lazy sometimes. teehee


I have the cutest scarecrows sitting on my front porch chairs- welcoming our guests and driver- byers. :) You can't help but return their smiles. {Or it could just be me- smiling at my make believe buddies.}


It's an over cast day with spots of showers off and on- which has made the temperature drop some- which in turn makes me go into my dream land that it's actually autumn time and not the end of summer here in Phoenix!

I'm totally in the mood to make cinnamon rolls now... so guess what we'll be having as a treat for family night tonight? Mmmmmmmm



I have to share this darling story!
So, I took pictures of my scarecrows for you all to see and I wanted Tucker in a few snapshots as well. I took him to his dresser, and tried to put on an adorable V-neck sweater. I thought it would go perfect with these fall pictures I was taking.

He said- "No like it!" in his whiny little voice.

I'm thinking- ohhh come on, just play along, son! He wouldn't budge, even ran away from me yelling, "No like it!"

Being the wise mother I am, I said- "If you put this sweater on I will give you candy!"
He walks right up to me- let's me put it on him and I kid you not says... "Me like it."

The saying that 'money can't buy love' maybe true...but candy can buy cooperation from a toddler! haha

So off we went and found a fruit roll up in the pantry {candy to him} and played photo studio on the front porch with no complaints. {Well, probably because his mouth was full.}




8 Royal Remarks:

Arlyn said...

You know, Autumn (what a very timely name you have), the fall (autumn) season doesn't actually begin until 11:44 am EDT on 22 Sept this year. You are technically still in SUMMER!

My husband and I were just talking about this last night because someone in Primary mentioned to the kids that it's Fall now.

This is exactly why we already see Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies for sale already...some of you just can't wait! ;)

This, of course, has nothing to do with the fact that I have recently made a Halloween windsock and bought the pattern for my son's prince costume. But, I don't have any decorations out...probably because the baby would eat them!

L. Taggart said...

Hi Autumn. Our candy is fruit snacks, with the one exception being smarties. That is the treat for going on the potty. I should try to bribe my kids more often. You got some great pictures! I just love you blog!
Like yours, my mind wanders often. I will now be able to explain laminate to my 5 year old and not have to look it up. He never seems to ask when we are near a computer. By time we get there, he has forgotten or become busy playing. He usually asks again at bedtime. Thanks for helping me be prepared! Oh, "cinnamony" is a word in my book. We use it all the time around here. :)

Tristi Pinkston said...

I can be bribed with candy too . . .

Hey, I just had to come tell you, I'm being sucked into the world of digital scrapbooking. My hubby works for Ancestry.com and they're now doing digital scrapping, and he was showing me how. I can see how it's very addictive. I'm not very fast yet, but I'll get there . . .

Sharon said...

i love fall time, i just don't like how long the winter is after wards

kdaygirl said...

I love summer and hate it when it leaves. I dont like the cold, but muddle through till the sun comes back. I wish we had a Phoenix winter and not a utah one...

The Girls' Mom said...

You are so brave to put up the decor and break out the candle. I've been debating it but not yet ready to give up the carefree days of summer. I love fall and welcome it freely but in Utah it only means winter will be here shortly and I can hold that off! My fall scent for this year will be Toasted Apple Butter- a delicious scentsy smell, it makes me want to bake.

Autumn said...

I'm excited for you, Tristi! Yes, it can be very addicting to be a digital scrapper. Have fun and don't forget to make dinner for your family. hehe

Kristi said...

I love, love, LOVE the Fall. Bring on the fresh pressed apple cider and and fall colors.