»

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Last Night

I attended my chapter of the monthly ANWA meeting {American Night Writers Association} last night. It's a support and critiquing group for LDS women writers.



I received some really great feedback on the excerpt I decided to share. I'm tickled to know there are people who are interested in my novel and can't wait to read more. Also, I came away feeling another strong affirmation that I truly am writing this novel for a purpose bigger then me. I have felt this very strongly since I began this novel- but it's amazing how I can feel so right about doing something and then turn around and doubt myself or let fear set in. Gosh, I find Satan a real pain!

After the close of our meeting we all shared what goals we planned on accomplishing this month. I announced my goal of completely finishing the re-write of the 37,000 plus words I've written so far in my novel from first person to third person. I've been plucking away at it off and on but admit that I've given much more attention to writing new scenes instead.
I suppose by voicing it out loud to others and by me writing this- I'm holding myself accountable, which I need to do. I will FINISH the task I've been avoiding like the plague! There- I said it. No take backs, Autumn!
At the ANWA meeting next month- I will be teaching a 10 minute lesson on Copyright laws. I don't know a whole lot on this topic so I'm pleased to research and prepare this lesson.

{If you want to read what my novel is about- click here.
If you want to read an excerpt of my novel- click here.}


Once I was back at home, kids were all tucked in bed and the house was quiet. I popped some popcorn and watched the re-run {which I was irritated I couldn't see right away} of the speech of Republican Vice President nominee, and Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin, with my husband.


I'm SO happy with McCain's choice in VP! I think Sarah Palin ROCKS! I planned on voting for McCain in the first place but now I'm even more excited with these two as the prospect of our future President and Vice President.

You know, I've read and heard a lot of comments about McCain picking Pailn in haste and since we know so little about her, well, frankly people are scared. Well, don't be! We are so used to seeing certain faces in politics {those of us outside of Alaska, that is} and so we are leery of anyone new. Give the lady a chance, folks! She really is amazing and awesome when it comes to politics {and other things too}. I really, really pray these two make it to the White House.

To read more about what McCain and Palin stand for- click here.
To read the differences on issues between McCain and Obama- click here.








3 Royal Remarks:

Jewel Allen said...

Good luck with your goals, Autumn. You can do it!

I'm excited about Palin, too.

Sharon said...

so do you have a date to be done completely yat? i get a signed copy right?

Autumn said...

I'm 'supposed' to be finished with my novel this coming Spring...but we shall see.