»

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I moved my butt

So, I did it! I moved my butt from my comfortable life to the gym.


I've been putting off the inevitable that I can't stay thin {and I won't get any thinner} if I don't eat right and EXERCISE. Since I don't want to keep buying new clothes in bigger sizes- I need to make some changes. Even though I'm apprehensive and worried about failure- I joined a gym today!



I decided on the one that would best fit my needs, as well as Tucker's, since he'll be going to the kids care while I work out. I decided on 24 Hour Fitness. I also bought a personal trainer package. :) I need some extra help and encouragement as I get going.


I worked out today and did several laps in the pool. {I won't start with my personal trainer until next week.}

Tucker was fine in the kids care. {The kids care center is so awesome. Even I wanted to stay and play with him! It's like a smaller scale of Chuck E. Cheese. A totally FUN place for little ones.} I thought for sure he'd cry and maybe even through a hissy fit when I left him, but surprisingly he was all good with it. Thank heaven.

Another cool thing about where I work out is that Ali Vincent -who won the contest on the hit TV show 'The Biggest Loser' last season- works out at my gym. :) I hope to run into her soon. I love seeing her before and after videos. She's a great inspiration. {24 Hour Fitness sponsors 'The Biggest Loser'.}


I decided that since I'm up with children to get them ready and drive them to school... and since I have to put on shoes and a bra to walk out the door... I may as well slip on my tennies and my work out clothes and head to the gym after I drop off the four oldest kids at school.

My friend, Rachel, does this and reports that it works out great for her. {pun intended} Once she got used to the routine it just became part of her lifestyle and schedule. So...I'm going to change my habits and schedule to include the gym.

7 Royal Remarks:

Kristi said...

Congratulations! You will feel so much better...at least that is what I've heard. It has been a long time since I have exercised. I have been "thinking" about it though. :)

Dan Olsen said...

Congrats, good for you. I started riding a bike to work to get my exercise. On Friday, I'll hit the 500 mile mark. I haven't lost much weight yet doing it, but hopefully that will come eventually.

Keep up the good work.

The Girls' Mom said...

That is so awesome Autumn, I'm proud of you! Garin and I have been working out together at home doing P90X we like it so far. My problem is staying away from sweets! Good luck on your workouts. I'm excited to see and hear how you do.

Sharon said...

awesome, i'm in a weight lifting class and i love it, it makes you feel so good

Rae's World said...

you are gonna do awesome!!! I will meet you at the gym!

ali cross said...

Good for you! You can totally do this! I love that girl Ali ... she was amazing and I was so proud of her and what she accomplished.

Jenne said...

That's awesome Autumn! I work out all the time and I love the way it makes me feel!! Now if I could just control the food!?*@