»

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday and Today

I had such a blast at the water park, yesterday. No children to watch... just me to take care of and have fun. So nice. I couldn't get my friend, Holly, to go on one of the rides. Scardey Cat! And the one I did talk her into we both hated. But the rest of the slides and other attractions were great fun. Even with me wearing SPF 50 on my face and SPF 80 on my body {both heavy duty water and sweat proof} I got a dark tan. That just goes to show how blistering hot it was.




Afterward, we went to the movie "Mama Mia!". This was my third time seeing it and I wasn't shy about seeing it again! It's one of those movies I could watch over and over again and not grow tired of it. I keep thinking who else out of my friends haven't seen it...maybe I can see it at least four more times before it leaves the theatres? That would be SWEET.


The other night Warren and I saw the new Batman movie- "The Dark Knight". Ooooo, talk about creepy. What a movie that was! I thought it was physco, weird and super duper violent. It wasn't horrible but way too creepy for my taste. I don't think I'll be buying it on DVD. Warren liked it better then I did- but he doesn't buy DVD's like I do. Statistically speaking- this movie has made record breaking bucks at the box office.



Today I'll be taking our children to see one of our summer movies- "Nancy Drew". We've seen it in theatres before and own the DVD- but that's OK- it's a cute enough movie to watch on the big screen again. We have today's movie and next weeks' flick and then the summer movie program is over. Summer vacation is quickly coming to an end. Our children will be in school in 2 1/2 weeks. {Not a bad thing at all.}

Another thing I'll be doing today is helping my five year old, Spencer, prepare for a talk he will be giving to the primary children in Sunday school. His topic is on missionary work. Warren wants to help as well and on Sunday he wants to take some of his souvenirs and monies from when he went on his mission to Argentina for the primary children to see.


I will be posting my review / interview of the book "FarWorld" by J. Scott Savage later this evening.


















5 Royal Remarks:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it yet! Wanna come see it with me, tee hee. That would show us how much you really love it!

The Girls' Mom said...

Sounds like you're busy in a fun kind of way. Wish I was there..

Dan Olsen said...

Hi Autumn,

It sounds like you had a great time at the water park.

How's your book coming? Are you still working on the character questionnaires?

Check out my blog today for my good news.

I Am Boymom said...

A girls day out at the waterpark! Fun! Not for me, no swimsuit has touched this body in years! Glad you had some time to recharge. I can't believe Parker is 9 already!

Me said...

Looks like fun!! I Miss you!