Of all the places I could have been born..I was fortunate enough to be born in the grand, magnificent United States of America! I am so proud and happy to be an American. I've also been blessed to have traveled to many places of this world and I can honestly say I've always felt the most peace when returning to U.S. soil.
One of my favorite places I've visited twice now is Washington D.C.
The history to be learned there alone is worth the visit but besides that there is a feeling of patriotic bliss that swirls through the air. I've also been to two other 'patriotic' cities- Philadelphia and New York. Those were neat places to tour but D.C. is amazing, beautiful and truly the heart of our nation. I wish I could be there this 4th of July with my family!
Instead, we are going swimming, having a BBQ and going to the park to watch fireworks with friends. I suppose that's still an 'all American' 4th of July. We are missing Warren on this holiday. Somehow it's just not quite the same.
What are your plans?
Instead, we are going swimming, having a BBQ and going to the park to watch fireworks with friends. I suppose that's still an 'all American' 4th of July. We are missing Warren on this holiday. Somehow it's just not quite the same.
What are your plans?
Whatever they are- have a fantastic day! After all, we are celebrating our INDEPENDENCE and a nation "Under God"!!







3 Royal Remarks:
I went to 2 fireworks shows and just kicked back and relaxed. I agree, it's grand to live here in the US! (from someone who didn't grow up here) Bummer about your hubby missing out on all this...
Hi Autumn, thanks for dropping by my blog, great to hear from you.
HAPPY 4th OF JULY (for yesterday), I was lucky enough a few years to be in the USA on the 4th of July and boy do you guys know how to celebrate!!
Have a great weekend.
Sue. x
Oh, I hate holidays without my husband, it makes me want to skip it all together. Glad you didn't do that though :-) It is definitely great to be an American
Post a Comment