»

Sunday, July 6, 2008

1/2 over?

Oh, my goodness, summer is half over!
Well, let me re-phrase that: Summer BREAK is 1/2 over.
{Living in Phoenix summer ends in October...haha}

I can't believe it! {This is a declaration that goes both ways, depending on my mood and the day: I can't believe our lazy summer days are coming to an end. No more staying up late, sleeping in and having a blast! OR I can't believe it's not time for kids to go back to school, YET! When will it ever end?}

Our children start school in just over a month. We'll have 4 of our 5 children attending school. I have mixed feelings about that. Sure, it's great most of my children will be getting their education while I have only one little man to care for but also it's a sign that time flies. We really only have a short time. Life creeps up on us little by little and then it's over.

I feel like I just had my first baby a couple years ago...now he'll be in 6th grade! Shoot, I remember when I was in the 6th grade!

We've been missing our Daddy in our home these past summer days but we've been making the best of them and having a grand time. I'm all about partying, having fun and go- go-go! Now and again, I cherish the lazy days where we just hang out at home to do nothing in particular. And then there's those 'deep cleaning days' we all dread but we have to do in order to keep mom's sanity in tack.

I plan on posting about our 'summer highlights' next month. Until then...we are making more memories together.

6 Royal Remarks:

Arlyn said...

Half over already? We still have about 5 weeks (we start 14 August) and I'm mostly wondering how I'm going to make it.

You're awesome to be doing it without a husband. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Half over? Yikes!!!

This has got to be the fastest summer I've ever been through.

Shaina said...

summer time goes fast when you've got things planned! Have a great month before school starts again.

ali cross said...

Hi! I found your blog a while back (yes I've been lurking, shame on me!) I think I found you through Kristi and The Kunz Family.

Anyway, I admire you for making memories and go go going! Thats a real mom for you! I tend to be a bit of a minimalist with the activities myself, but we make the most of them when we do them!

Don said...

True, Arizona summers don't end until October. But since they start in March, you're still half way there, baby!

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm checking out your ticker and your honey will be home soon! That's got to feel so awesome!