someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.

I didn't grow up with a father in our home 100% of the time. My mother and father divorced when I was about 3 and my sister was 1 year old. I saw my father off and on until I was 5 but I don't remember him.
My mother re-married another man who became my daddy about that time and they both raised me {along with 4 other children} until they divorced my freshman year of high school. I have kept in contact with my daddy that raised me since they divorced.
My father on the other hand I don't know very well. I was able to meet him as an adult- about 8 years ago. It was great to see my father and visit with him for a few hours but I'm glad he's not in my everyday life. {That's another story all in its self...and we won't go there.} I haven't seen my father since and am OK with never seeing him again in this life. Though, I feel so blessed that I'm in contact with the 3 children he had with his 2nd wife for several years now and have a lasting relationship with. {Love you- Teya, Josh and Rayna!}
My whole life I've had a wonderful, loving Father in heaven who's always been there for me when I wanted to acknowledge it. Anytime I've needed Him, He's been there for me with open arms and heart. Of course, I didn't always see this. Hind sight is 20/20. As an adult I've come to know that He, who gave me eternal life, has made up the difference when I was lacking the father figure I needed on earth. How grateful am I to know this for a surety now and feel His love!
I married a wonderful man who had a father in his home 100% of his growing up. My husband, Warren, had a good example of what a marriage is 'supposed' to be from his parents. I personally feel grateful for this example that my husband had for that in return helps him to be the kind of husband and father he should be. Warren also grew up with the knowledge that he to, like all mankind, has a Father in heaven who watches over him and cares for him.
Together we've had 5 beautiful, amazing, talented, special children.
Though marriage isn't easy, we've had our ups and downs like the rest of them, I feel confident that my children will always have an earthly father in their home as long as Warren breaths. They will always have a daddy who loves them so much it hurts and will never abandon them. They will always have a daddy who will care for their physical and emotional needs as well.
They will always have a daddy who raised them, and a Father, who lives above, to look up to no matter how tall they grow!
My whole life I've had a wonderful, loving Father in heaven who's always been there for me when I wanted to acknowledge it. Anytime I've needed Him, He's been there for me with open arms and heart. Of course, I didn't always see this. Hind sight is 20/20. As an adult I've come to know that He, who gave me eternal life, has made up the difference when I was lacking the father figure I needed on earth. How grateful am I to know this for a surety now and feel His love!
I married a wonderful man who had a father in his home 100% of his growing up. My husband, Warren, had a good example of what a marriage is 'supposed' to be from his parents. I personally feel grateful for this example that my husband had for that in return helps him to be the kind of husband and father he should be. Warren also grew up with the knowledge that he to, like all mankind, has a Father in heaven who watches over him and cares for him.
Together we've had 5 beautiful, amazing, talented, special children.
Though marriage isn't easy, we've had our ups and downs like the rest of them, I feel confident that my children will always have an earthly father in their home as long as Warren breaths. They will always have a daddy who loves them so much it hurts and will never abandon them. They will always have a daddy who will care for their physical and emotional needs as well.
They will always have a daddy who raised them, and a Father, who lives above, to look up to no matter how tall they grow!






6 Royal Remarks:
What a beautiful post, Autumn. You have a great perspective.
This got me all choked up. Very appropriate read for Fathers day. Thanks for sharing. Even though my father was "physically" present, he was rarely "emotionally" present. He is a good man, just not the warm fuzzy type. It's nice to be married to men who step up to the plate and are there, and love us and our children. It doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks for posting this, Autumn.It's awesome, isn't it, to be married to not only a good husband, but a man who is a good father. I think that is the best gift a woman can give to her children...and herself.
There is so much joy in knowing your children have a father they can take for granted. I'm equally blessed and equally grateful--beautiful post.
That is such a beautiful post. Yo always seem to know exactly what to say. You are good at articulation. I've appreciated this about you many times. Thanks again for uplifting me. Love ya
Love the photo and the journaling is amazing!
Post a Comment