»

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Book Worm am I


I feel like such a book worm as of late. My own doing, of course, and I am having so much fun!
As a family we were supposed to go to the pool today but since my children haven't done their chores this morning, we aren't going until the job is done. Truthfully, I'm OK with staying home. After all, we just went swimming yesterday and I'd rather hang out at home and do what I do best- READ! You may think I could just go to the pool and read while children swim...but I can't since my two youngest are only five & two years old and need me by their side- especially my two year old. The lifeguards aren't babysitters, too? Dang it. So today, and for today only, I'm not playing my flawless role as Drill Sergent because I'd rather stay home anyway!


This month I'm reading and reviewing "Forged in the Refiner's Fire" by Candace Salima and Elizabeth Cheever! Candace sent me a copy of this book, which has been published already, and I'll be posting my review of it the end of this month as well as my interview with them. As promised, I'll be getting a FREE, SIGNED copy of "Refiner's Fire" to give away to my blog readers in a contest. These two are so sweet to do this for my blog readers!








Also, I received my ARC {Advanced Readers Copy- which is a published copy of a soft cover book -before it's final revision process- before it's printed for selling} of "Farworld" by J. Scott Savage that he sent me! I'll post my review and interview with Savage in July. "Farworld" is book 1 in his series of 6 and looks very interesting. Savage promised a FREE, SIGNED copy of "Farworld" for me to give away in a contest, as well. Savage is very generous to do this for my blog readers!





My August book that I'll be reading, reviewing and interviewing is
"Surprise Packages" by Deseret Book authors Carroll Morris, Lael Littke and Nancy Anderson! This is their 3rd book in the "Almost Sisters" series that will be published soon. Very, very good books! I will post my review and interview with these ladies here on my blog. As promised, I'll be getting a FREE, SIGNED copy of this book as well, which will be up for winning in a contest. It's wonderful these ladies offered this book to giveaway!




As you read above- this summer I'll be holding 3 different contests for one of each of the above books for you, my blog readers, to win! So check back often to play!
Between reading these books I'm about to critique the second novel by April Enders, which I'm really looking forward to.
And I'm bugging Christine Bryant about sending me her first novel she's ever written so I can take a peek--but she wants to do some revisions first- including a title. {I won't stop pestering until I read it Christine!}

And in between all that I'm continuing with writing my first novel "As we greet with a kiss". As Candace says- "Good authors read a lot and read a lot of good books to be better authors."
As you read for yourself- I'm doing lots of reading as I'm writing.
I've written two children's books but haven't sent them off to publishers yet. One is completely ready-the other one needs some revisions before I can send it off. I probably won't get to do that until after school starts again. My novel should be ready to send to publishers Spring 2009- I hope.

Then there's a whole list of other books I want to read! I've bought several that are waiting on my desk to be read...hmmmm....one day.












































11 Royal Remarks:

Angela V. said...

Wow, writing your own book must be really exciting, and maybe even a little taxing? Good luck with it, I hope to read it sometime!

Shavonne said...

I always thought being a book reviewer would be one of the coolest jobs in the world. Just sit back and let the books come to you. NIce. But I'm excited to learn more about your book give-aways!

Ellie said...

Looks like a good book list.

Me said...

You are such a nerd! LOL and I love you for it! I am most excited about reading your book but I might pick in at the others too.

Autumn said...

I was thinking of Shavonne's comment- you're right, girl! Being a book reviewer is awesome and I really enjoy it. I'm new in this field but it's a great way to read books for free! haha

The Girls' Mom said...

I also agree with Shavonne that would be very cool although my family might get a little tired of it. I'm hoping to finally finish The Host this week (it is hard to share. I would like to see a list on your blog of books you suggest reading.

Arlyn said...

Wow! You're going to be busy for a while! I need to get to the library and get some new books. You've reminded me that I've lowered myself to browsing the latest junk mail catalog during breakfast!

Dan Olsen said...

Looks like you have a pretty full plate. I'm only reading two books at the moment. You make me feel like a slacker... ;-)

I'll check back often to make sure I don't miss any of the contests.

kdaygirl said...

I just finished the host. I thought it was good.

Cabo Girl said...

I need to start reading... :)

Helena said...

OOh they look interesting already from the covers!