»

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Wrestling

There are so many things I am wrestling with in my life. Among a few are: my weight, my writing, creating a good home atmosphere and life for my family, following the Lord's promptings, having more faith and forgiving those who have deeply wounded me. I know that these are things the average person deals with and I'm not alone. It's so easy to look at others successes and look back at yourself with frustration. {Which I am very good at doing.}

One of the things that has helped me is watching General Conference. Feeling the Lord's words and spirit has influenced me to make better choices. Another thing that has helped me is surrounding myself with good people. People who are positive and who love me no matter what. I have been very, very blessed with some of God's greatest daughters for girlfriends and their families on this earth. I am a better woman because of them!

I haven't 'won' any of these wrestling matches- yet anyway- but I am trying. Half of growing in this life is the fight. It's not the fun part but it is the part that counts toward weather or not you grow. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, well sometimes I do feel sorry for myself, but right now I'm just at a crossroads in my decision making on conquering these battles.

Whatever your battles may be- I hope you can beat the hell out of them as I'm trying to!

6 Royal Remarks:

Sharon said...

you can totally conquer!

The Girls' Mom said...

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm having a bit of a wrestling match myself today. I know all will work out with some of your more challenging fights at the moment, they already seem to have worked themselves out in a compromise. Love you.

Arlyn said...

Those are very familiar struggles! I guess if we didn't have those feelings sometimes, we wouldn't work so hard to better ourselves. With that in mind, we're on track to be AWESOME!!

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Hi Autumn

I often feel so much stress or pressure in my life. I find myself looking at others and how great they seem to be doing, then looking back at myself - just like you described. I recently had a great conversation with a friend of mine who I always thought was so put together - and realized that all that time she was struggling with some pretty difficult things. Outward appearances can be so misleading. Thanks for sharing some of your struggles, blessings, and your insights.

Shavonne said...

Even though its hard to hear of loved ones having problems, its nice to know you aren't alone in life's struggles! Keep your faith in the Lord that He will help you conquer your struggles. You can do this!

Me said...

Outstanding! All I can say to that is "I FEEL YA!"