My husband, Warren, left this morning for Utah. He is driving up so that he'll have a car there. When he comes back and forth to visit us he will fly.
I have some friends who are single moms and I was mostly raised from a single mom. I have a friend whos husband has been oversea's for the war. I see women being strong all around me in the face of all man-less odds and I am so proud of them! Including my mother.
I don't feel I have the right to even complain or whine about our situtation at all. After all, we chose this- we decided it the right course to take for us right now. But I do feel sad, my heart hurts at knowing it will be almost 3 weeks before we can see Warren again just to send him back to Utah. {Over and over again...until who knows when. Three months, at least. Possibly longer.}
My three oldest children are taking it harder then expected. They feel sad too. But we will be strong and get through this- just as so many women and children around me do on an everyday basis.
I look forward to the day when our family is complete again. When Warren will be here in Phoenix everyday, coming home for dinner, having family night with us every Monday and being a part of our daily routine. Until then... *sigh*





13 Royal Remarks:
Ooh - I totally feel your pain. The last time something like this happened to us, I was 7 months pregnant, we lived in Utah, and John was transferred to Kasas City. Kansas City!!! So he left the day after Thanksgiving and didn't come back until Christmas Eve. I kid you not. He was gone a whole month while I packed our house (again - we had sold our house the month before John was transferred and moved, not planning on moving again, we had completely unpacked and set up house!), kept up with three kids, got ready for the holidays, and did all of the million things that usually a mom and dad do together. It was difficult and looking back I have no idea how I survived. Except that I prayed like crazy and had some amazing sisters from church and friends who checked on me quite often.
So yes, this is going to be really hard. But I know you can do it. Just keep praying and be totally open to the people who want to help you. Take all the help you can, so you can stay sane! Good luck!
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we moved to Kansas City the day after Christmas and I delivered my baby a six weeks later. It was insane, but I was so happy that we were together again.!
If I could do it, you can too!I suggest planning a get-away for just you and your hubby when life calms down again. Somewhere awesome, like Hawaii.
Good luck to all of you! I haven't been more than 2 nights without my husband. I'll bet you'll find all sorts of ways to get closer to your kids this way. Just don't get used to having the whole bed to yourself!
you can do it! however, maybe we'll make another utah trip to see my bro:) so there are good things too, call me if you get bored.
PS-i totally forgot to tell you that i finished the gemma books, and i totally loved them, however i was kinda sad about the ending of the 3rd book, so if you haven't read it i won't tell you why... but they were great!
It will be hard. Hopefully it will pass smoothly.
... Remember! It's for the family that he is doing this. In your quiet selfish, tag-team way it will be hard day-in-day-out, ..but in the loving, dedicated husband, provider, head of the team way.. Warren is going to knock it out of the park.
... And this to shall pass.
I say, court him! Send him long, missy love notes! Postcards from your everyday adventures! Pink lacy pants! Send him brownies! Text him "good-night" before you sleep! Sing his favorite song into his voice message. Keep a jounral of what you miss, that you didn't know you would miss and let him read it! "Missing Warren 360".
Don't sweat the little stuff!
Giggle! Giggle! Giggle!
Don't tell him everything that he needs to do when he gets home. Don't complain about what is not being done. Tell him/show him what you can do.
But don't worry, you are not alone. You have to whole team behind you.
Team Warren!
Tiffany
I am sorry that you will be husbandless for a couple of weeks at a time.
You can call me too it you would like!
Summer will be here soon, you could come up with Warren every know and then, and your family is welcome to come and hang with us here in Idaho!
Thank you all for the support and kind words.
I am laughing at your post, Tif. I was thinking the same thing! But you said it so well. :) Thanks!
Now that day 1 is over and my children are all alive, I'm alive and all is well...it makes me think that I can get through yet another day...
Warren made it safe to Utah! We had family prayer over the phone with him. That was VERY nice. We plan to meet every night the same time for family prayers. Each one of the kids have expressed their worries and sadness of Dad being gone. They say they miss him already...so do I!
Hang in there, You survived the first day and Tiffany gave you great advice and I'm sure comfort to. You can call and cry.
Autumn, our thoughts and prayers are with you. No doubt this will be tough, but oh so doable.
I am here for ya girl! It is for the best what he is doing for your family! One day the time apart will all be worth it for the future of your family. :) Holly
Hang in there babe. It will all be worth it. Tif has great ideas!! Call when you need escape!
so i know this is a little late. you know my own situation, but i must say you have it rough - see i have but one sweet darling baby, you have like many full grown kids each demanding a piece of 'mom'you and 'dad'you. that's a whole lot of you. i think your friend tiffany gave excellent advice. mine would be to make sure you take the time to replenish yourself kid-free. like an afternoon off or something. just an hour or so makes a world of difference for both you and the family. just a thought. thinking about you.
Post a Comment