»

Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's not just about ME anymore. Was it ever?

When my oldest son, Conner, finished Flag Football last season he tried out for the Basketball team and made it! It's been fun attending his games and cheering him along. Basketball season is still in full swing and now he's joined the Chess Club. Conner has been on a Chess Club off and on since he was 5 years old- it's one of his loves- so we didn't say no to him. On top of this he's a Boy Scout and has a meeting once a week and as a famiy we attend pack meeting once a month. Our second oldest, Parker, isn't old enough to join sports at the Charter School we have our children attending- and I give thanks for that- but... Parker IS old enough to be a Boy Scout and he has meetings once a week as well. {Of course, not on the same day- that would be too convenient!}

Why am I rambling about this? Because I can't believe I'm a mommy of pre-teens already. I can't believe I'm running to this event and that event already and I can't believe it's only going to get W O R S E! A good friend of mine, Lydia, had older children while mine were still little. She liked to warn me of the hassle life became when her boys became pre-teens then teenagers. I'd shake my head in disbelief as she would ramble on about how crazy life was and I was very content with how laid back life was for us.

Uh...now I'm here.

Ah, the joys of being a mother.

2 Royal Remarks:

Arlyn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's nice to know there are others out there! You seem very busy and full of energy in your posts. Lots of fun! I'll have to go read more about that scrapbooking race!

Autumn said...

Arlyn- {love your name!}

Yes, I agree, it's a relief to know I'm not the only mom out there with 5 children running the house and me trying to keep up. As sisters in the gospel, motherhood and scrapbooking...I'll be your back up, girl! :)

I have energy to keep up most of the time...but give me a nap in there! haha

Oh- to get the link for the race go to my BLOG ARCHIVE located on the right --> column under our family picture. Scroll to JAN 22 and you'll be on that post. Or you can copy and paste this addie to your browser:

http://ndisb-adsr.blogspot.com/2008/01/season-3-rules.html