A gentleman by the name of Jake Anderson came with this marvelous idea. What a perfect way to honor our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, who passed away 8 days ago at the age of 97. To enrich our lives with the word of God and honor our late prophet at the same time...join us! The challenge begins today.
"I was thinking of how I could honor his legacy and I came up with an idea. My friend and I have created a challenge for those willing to accept it: Read the Book of Mormon in 97 days.

We are trying to get everyone to start on the same day. Here are the details: Go to http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/ and create an account (free, of course).
On Feb 4, 2008 have an FHE lesson on the Book of Mormon and begin your reading. Each day you read, record what page number you are on by going to http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/.
We would like this challenge to be heard all around the world! We would love to see over 1 million pages of the Book of Mormon read by the time this challenge has ended. Do you want to show your support? Do you want to follow the prophet? Do you want to get rid of all of your excuses for not reading and become a warrior? Then join me in this challenge!" --Jake Anderson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For those of you who would like to participate but don't have a copy of the Book of Mormon, you can get a free one right here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Get a Copy Here and a free one will be sent to you.
Or, if you'd rather, you can read the Book of Mormon online. How exciting!
If you start TODAY {February 4th} - you'd need to read almost 6 pages a day in order to complete this challenge by May 11th. {97 days} Our family has registered for this challenge under the name "7 Weber Warriors". We begin tonight with Family Home Evening!
Let's get to work:

"I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days."
You take it from there . . .
UPDATE: Tonight we had 2 other families join us for Family Home Evening and this challenge! We read 7 pages as a kick off for this race. :) It was fun!





0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment