»

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Precious moments

Even though my back is aching from manuevering in all positions from painting, sanding and staining stuff, I allow my almost two year old son, Tucker, to climb/ jump on my back and all over my body. He repeats Mommy, Mama, Mommy, Mama over and over in my ear- then leans over ever so often to give raspberry kisses on my neck. He peeks his head behind my back and pops it right in front of my face, at least one centimeter away, and giggles when I say "BOO!" Little Tucker and I share 'Butterfly kisses' several times a day and do so tonight. I call him my Shadow since that is what he is. He trails behind me wherever I go, plays with his toys next to me quietly and lights up when I just look at him.

Oh, I love being a Mother! Moments like tonight- when I'd rather be soaking in bubbles in my tub and sending Tucker off to bed with Daddy- I took a few minutes to soak in his love. What a darling boy I have! Bubbles can wait a few more minutes...