»

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Holiday Weekend

My children get out of school every Friday at 12:30pm. So on holiday weekends or if we ever wanted to go somewhere for the weekend...this is a cool thing.

Warren and I chatted about what or where we were going to go for this holiday weekend...and we decided to stay put in Phoenix. It's WAY too crazy to be traveling.

But we have some fun things planned! Last night I took my oldest 2 boys to the movie: "Stardust" { we LOVED it!!!} and Emmalese & Spencer had a sleepover party here with their good friends Kirsten and Stevie. {brother & sister}

Today we are going to one of the many water parks here in the valley to spend our day. {Our family is actually a school of fish!}
Tonight we are taking the short people to the drive- in to see "Underdog". I guess they are dying to see it...

Sunday is the Sabbath...we honor it and will attend church and have a relaxing day with our family.

Monday we plan to go swimming for "The last official swim day of 2007" and have a BBQ with some friends. Even though it is technically hot enough to swim until the end of October here in Phoenix...the pools close down after Labor Day because of school.

Bright and early Tuesday morning the fun ends...and school begins.

I hope you have fun things planned with your family for this holiday weekend! Please drive safe and be careful!!!!! I know there's lots of crazy people out there who like to drink & drive. :S

1 Royal Remarks:

Shaina said...

sounds like a fun weekend! We are going to the lake today, and to the beach on monday. We'll see if we can get sand out of our hair before school starts again.