»

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's that time...again...






It never fails...the end of August and beginning of September of every year I start thinking {obsessing} over Christmas. And it's that time of year again!


I have it in my head that Christmas is not something you just let happen.
It has to be well planned and thought out. Right down to the wrapping paper that needs to coordinate with one another. My favorite time of year is Christmas. I look forward to it every year; though as soon as it is over with it takes until the following Aug/Sept. to get geared up again.


A year ago I implemented a rotation system with Warren's side of the tree for 'family to family' gift giving amoungst his siblings with their individual families. Then everyone gives grandma and grandpa a gift. Last year seemed to work out nicely.

On the other hand... my side of the family tree has no rotation. Warren and I usually will buy or make something for everyone. Though my side of the family doesn't give gifts to one another generally. Also, we have a few families we are close to and exchange gifts with them as well.

Today "The C List" was made. All the names have coinciding gift ideas next to them. I will start widdling down the list throughout the next couple months. Enevidebly there are changes made on the gift list because I will surely find something more suitable or fun for that person as the weeks progress!

Every year Warren and I talk about how we will restrain ourselves in the gift giving department. {Mostly to our children} But we never do! So I came to the conclusion this year... To H**L with it!


Christmas comes once a year. If we budget and plan ahead for it...like I always do...then no worries. I think Christmas should be a PARTY!

My mother was a wonderful Christmas planer. We always had as grand of a Christmas as we could afford-which was never all that much-but she never made it out to be anything less then a special time of year for us. We loved it as kids!


Of course, we had the spiritual lessons from that time of year about our Savior and his birth. But I don't view Christmas morning and celebrating the Savior the same thing. It's two different worlds to me. Both awesome worlds non the less- both to be celebrated and enjoyed.


Now on to shopping... THE MOST FUN OF ALL!

0 Royal Remarks: