»

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Brace Face!




I feel 13, again!

I'm pretty self- cautious about my teeth, and smile.
I want a beautiful, straight, white smile.
My teeth are crooked, uneven, and different sizes. People may not notice, but I do, and it bothers me.

My 13 year old son, got braces a few weeks ago, and I decided not to wish any longer.
So, I am showing off a metal mouth, now!

I didn't go with the Invisalign, (clear braces) since it would prolong the amount of time I'd wear the braces, plus they're more expensive. I just want to get it done.

I also have an Expander on the roof of my mouth. It's molded to my mouths' roof, and cemented to my back top teeth.
Once  a week, I have to use a key to turn the Expander.  Over time it will widen my roof, expand my smile, and essentially make more room for my teeth. My smile will look wider, and more even for my mouth.
I will have the metal roof in my mouth for about 5-6 months.

Right now, I only have braces on my top teeth. But, as my roof expands, I will get braces on the bottom teeth, as well.  I should get the bottom braces in about 2 months, or so.

In 1.5- 2 years, I will have the beautiful, straight smile I've dreamt of!
My son and I should be getting our braces off about the same time. (Another photo op waiting to happen.)
I'm not a patient person, so this will feel like an eternity.  Is it worth it?  I asked, and continue to ask that very question!  I guess so, since I'm rockin' a brace face!


1 Royal Remarks:

Nancy said...

I can honestly say I didn't mind having braces all that much. I loved visiting my dentist (he was so funny!) and getting my colored bands changed. Loving your smile is a BIG reason to smile! I think it's so cute that you and Parker have braces togetehr!