»

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Last minute treat...

Two days ago, our family was given three tickets (Golden Tickets!) to this afternoon's session of the LDS General Conference. It totally surprised me.
What a treat!

There are six people in my house that are eligible to go to Conference, (Eight years old and up can attend. It's a live broadcast, and little ones can be disruptive.) and we had to decide who were the lucky ones who got to go.

Warren and Conner have been before, so they were booted.

That left four of us, with three tickets. Bummer!

We decided that I'd take the two oldest, Parker and Emmalese, who hadn't gone yet.
Spencer, who's nine,  will get to go another time, I'm sure. We live only 45 minutes away from Salt Lake, after all!
However, living in Utah gets a little harder with getting the well dispersed tickets.
(The tickets are free of charge, and are given out by our church to church leaders, through out the world. They give them to those who need, or want them. One can wait in a stand-by line, and hope seats are available, just before the conference begins. It's always filled to capacity, so good luck to those waiting in the stand-by line! The conference center holds about 10,000 people.)








I love General Conference. I look forward to watching it every six months- I actually crave it.
My soul needs that refreshing reminder that I am truly a child of a living God, that He loves me, and I am here on earth for a grand purpose.

Being at General Conference was much more magnificent, and beautiful experience then I imagined.
I knew it would be great, but WOW.  

After we seated, and watched others being seated- including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and apostles, etc... there came a moment when the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his two counselors, entered the enormous conference center.
All stood in complete reverence as they walked to their seats.
You could of heard a pin drop....yes, with over 10,000 people you could of heard a pin drop.
It was simply amazing.

The unique spirit that I felt, being in the midst of prophets, seers, revelators, will never be forgotten.
To stand with the giant multitude, with some of the most special, choicest people on earth, and sing on live television, was breathtaking.

I hope my two children who came with me, will never, ever forget what they felt this day.
What a blessing given to us!

0 Royal Remarks: