»

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dreaded Day!

Today is: "Week 5 - Day 3", in my Couch to 5K I'm doing.

D  R  E  A  D!

It means that I'm to run for 20 whole minutes straight. 20!
No walking intervals, like I've been given before.
No break.
No stopping for a drink.

20 minutes of straight running.

It may sound like no time at all, but to someone who hasn't been running, and started a little over 5 weeks ago, this seems like forever a day.

So, I get to the gym.  I stalled a little bit.
I drank more water and went potty.
I was nervous, scared, worried,...you name it.  How was I going to run for so long?
Thursdays training seemed like a walk in the park compared to today's training.

While I was in the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and totally gave myself a pep talk. ha!

You can do this!
You can do hard things!
You are doing this for you, and only you!
You are awesome!
Now, go show 'em who's boss!!

I did a 5 minute brisk walk warm-up.

I walked to the digital wall clock by the track.

I ran around the track once, and checked the time. 2 minutes. {Don't judge. I run slow, I know!}

That means I have to go around the track 9 more times...to this very spot.

So, I paced myself.
I ran around the track 9 more times, mentally checking off each round.

When I finished the rounds, I couldn't believe I made it! And I was ALIVE!

I was so elated, I cried.  Happy tears, of course. 
I was, and am, so proud of me! 
I did it!!

I was shocked at how much easier it was then I thought it would be.  I wasn't really out of breath, or fatigued.  And to my complete surprise, I could of ran more.  MORE!

All I can say is, I can do hard things!  *ChEeR*!!

You too, can do hard things. 
If you set your mind to it, and work at it- you will achieve your goals. 
I'm proof!

3 more weeks until my 5K race!!!! 

And you know what? I'm not worried anymore. 
I know I got this!

0 Royal Remarks: