I married my Prince Charming.
We were married in the Salt Lake temple, in Utah. It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful wedding.
Mr. & Mrs. Weber, 17 years ago.
I can still remember many moments from that day, but mostly feelings...
I remember being so giddy, with butterflies in my stomach, as I walked towards the front door of the temple.
I was alone. A friend dropped me off.
I remember being in awe of the beauty of the temple and feeling its spirit surround my whole body. Even the temple grounds were full of peace and spirit.
I remember walking through the front door and going a short distance to the front desk.
Before me was an angel, my mother, all dressed in white.
It was such a wonderful moment- one I truly cherish all these years- to see my mother waiting for me.
We hugged, followed by instant tears for both of us.
I remember that I had forgot one of the temple papers in order for me to be married.
I was so embarrassed.
One of the patrons of the temple had to call my Bishop, in Washington state, to confirm I could go in the temple.
I remember seeing Warren dressed in a white tuxedo. He was so handsome, I could hardly contain the butterflies at that point!
He was grinning from ear to ear when he saw me, too.
We were about to be married! WOW!
I remember being in awe at how gorgeous the temple was on the inside. My dream of being married in the Salt Lake temple was coming to pass. It felt more like a dream than reality.
I remember feeling grateful I had my mother by my side as an escort.
It was very special to me.
I remember looking at Warren many times while we were in the temple.
I was so in love with this man, and so happy!
I remember sitting across an altar, making promises to God and to my Warren.
I had lots of tears- from being so happy and feeling the spirit of God.
When I looked into Warren's eyes, I knew I was marrying the man made for me.
I remember feeling 6 spirits around me- knowing they were our future children.
I was so touched by their presence. And I was so glad they joined us- witnessing their parents ceremony.
I remember looking into a mirror with Warren by my side, after we were married.
The opposite wall had a mirror on it as well, causing our reflection to go for eternity.
It was a sweet moment for me- to see us hand in hand, going on forever.
I remember my mother, and Warren's mother, helping me get ready to leave the temple.
I was touching up the make-up I smeared from so many tears, and fixing my hair again.
My mother putting on my veil, Warren's mother fixing my dress and giving me my shoes.
I loved sharing that moment with them.
I also remember telling them I was a little scared to be married, and for what was going to happen later...
I was serious, but they laughed a little.
I remember seeing my new husband in the halls of the temple. We were married!
He took my hand in his, and together we walked out of the temple to welcoming cheers from family and friends. Having people we love surround us meant a lot to me.
I remember taking lots of photos with everyone.
Of course, in some photos I had to kiss Warren. Even though we were married I felt awkward doing it in front of our parents!
I remember being the only bride at the temple. We married on a Monday, so it was nice for us.
I remember walking across the street from the temple for more pictures, and there were lots of honks from passing cars and cheers of congratulations to us.
It was great having strangers cheer for us.
I remember going to the luncheon after our wedding, and having to change from my wedding dress to casual clothes in its bathroom.
Weird, I know. But, I had nowhere else to change.
I remember not being able to eat much, with all the butterflies floating around in my tummy.
I remember getting food under my acrylic nails and instead of wiping it out with a napkin, I licked it out. No manners!
My sister-in-law Kim laughed at me. It was funny.
And to this day, Kim will occasionally make fun of it.
I remember going to our nice honeymoon suite in Salt Lake.
It was more like a fancy apartment- it was that big. Warren carried me over the threshold.
It was silly and romantic.
I remember seeing my mother-in-law, and sister-in-law, downtown Salt Lake the following afternoon. We were touring downtown before heading to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho.
My face must of looked like a red tomato! I was SO embarrassed to see them.
I remember we got a parking ticket on our honeymoon!
I remember having a fun, romantic and happy honeymoon, with my new husband.
I remember driving back up to Spokane, WA, to our first apartment.
Warren and I talked about all that our future held. I was so excited to share my life with Mr. Weber!
I really loved my wedding day! I feel blessed to have Warren, and I cherish all the fond memories I share with him.
Cheers to eternity!
Mr. & Mrs. Weber, 17 years later.









0 Royal Remarks:
Post a Comment